Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low volume on KItKat?

Tip us?

gpgorbosjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default [Q] Low volume on KItKat?

So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.

twister99403
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr View Post
So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.
We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rjsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister99403 View Post
We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Likewise on my Tesco Moto G volume on calls is suddenly very quiet until I turn the volume down and back up - very annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjsmyth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tm1966
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Moto G (Tesco sourced on Giffgaff sim) -

I thought I was hearing things (...or not as the case turns out!). Since the kitkat update my call volumes are soooooo low, even on speakerphone.

My speakers are fine for other sounds like music etc but not for any calls.

Hope this can be resolved as I'm a bit 'mutton Geoff' at the best of times.

JoNex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?

twister99403
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNex View Post
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?
Really wish I knew, it is definitely software related i'm about 90% sure so i'm hoping either an update fixes it or i'll have to root and hope I can fix it that way. We did download an app from the play store that kept the volume up but we only have the 8gb version so we took it off to conserve space and just hit the volume up button every time it happens and that does it but ANNOYING. Hopefully soon we see more development for this phone so we have more options