Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more

What is the Best Third-Party Camera App for Android?

When it comes to Camera apps, there are dozens of great options to choose … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Low volume on KItKat?

12th January 2014, 05:39 AM |#1  
gpgorbosjr's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.
13th January 2014, 12:40 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 342
 
809 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr

So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.

We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 08:39 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister99403

We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Likewise on my Tesco Moto G volume on calls is suddenly very quiet until I turn the volume down and back up - very annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjsmyth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 09:58 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Moto G (Tesco sourced on Giffgaff sim) -

I thought I was hearing things (...or not as the case turns out!). Since the kitkat update my call volumes are soooooo low, even on speakerphone.

My speakers are fine for other sounds like music etc but not for any calls.

Hope this can be resolved as I'm a bit 'mutton Geoff' at the best of times.
16th January 2014, 01:33 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?
16th January 2014, 09:22 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 342
 
809 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNex

My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?

Really wish I knew, it is definitely software related i'm about 90% sure so i'm hoping either an update fixes it or i'll have to root and hope I can fix it that way. We did download an app from the play store that kept the volume up but we only have the 8gb version so we took it off to conserve space and just hit the volume up button every time it happens and that does it but ANNOYING. Hopefully soon we see more development for this phone so we have more options
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes