Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Low volume on KItKat?

OP gpgorbosjr

12th January 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

458 posts
More
So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.
13th January 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #2  
Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 342

809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr

So this is not a Moto G problem, I think. I've noticed in KitKat (on an Atrix HD first and now the Moto G) after I place a few calls the volume randomly lowers. Even though it is turned all the way up it is hard to hear people. When I reboot the phone it goes back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this and/or know why? When I had the Atrix I figured it was because KK was unofficial, but now the Moto G still does it at times.

We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister99403

We are also experiencing this on the moto g however I don't on my nexus 5. I find that frequently my fiance is having this issue. It is fixed on her phone by turning the volume down and back up again but it's still annoying. Affects her speakerphone as well. If you come up with a fix or find anything out I would sure like to know

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Likewise on my Tesco Moto G volume on calls is suddenly very quiet until I turn the volume down and back up - very annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjsmyth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Moto G (Tesco sourced on Giffgaff sim) -

I thought I was hearing things (...or not as the case turns out!). Since the kitkat update my call volumes are soooooo low, even on speakerphone.

My speakers are fine for other sounds like music etc but not for any calls.

Hope this can be resolved as I'm a bit 'mutton Geoff' at the best of times.
16th January 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?
16th January 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #6  
Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 342

809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNex

My cousin is having the same issue. This is a baddd problem! I wonder why more people aren't reporting this... Does anybody have any idea of what could be causing the issue?

Really wish I knew, it is definitely software related i'm about 90% sure so i'm hoping either an update fixes it or i'll have to root and hope I can fix it that way. We did download an app from the play store that kept the volume up but we only have the 8gb version so we took it off to conserve space and just hit the volume up button every time it happens and that does it but ANNOYING. Hopefully soon we see more development for this phone so we have more options
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread