5,600,571 Members 33,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade from 4.3

Tip us?

GumEbear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Soft Brick after 4.3 OTA

Heloo all I am very new to the android scene and my freind rooted my i535 said it would be awsome. I didnt knokw that if i updated to 4.3 it would cause a problem. anyways now i am soft bricked and I dont want to revert just get the phone working again. Is there any hope for me?
Thanks in advanced

llarryweaver
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumEbear View Post
Heloo all I am very new to the android scene and my freind rooted my i535 said it would be awsome. I didnt knokw that if i updated to 4.3 it would cause a problem. anyways now i am soft bricked and I dont want to revert just get the phone working again. Is there any hope for me?
Thanks in advanced
when you say soft bricked are you saying the unauthorized software screen is showing on your phone if so you could try 2 things.
this worked for me maybe it will help you 1. download the vrbmd3_bootchain.tar then boot phone into download mode (pull battery then turn back on with volume button down pressed while holding home button also) load odin and plug in phone then select pda and locate the vrb file select it and then hit start
2. start phone into download mode and run the verizon software upgrade assistant program maybe one of these options will work for you

jlyle
Old
(Last edited by jlyle; 26th December 2013 at 01:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumEbear View Post
Thanks in advanced
4.3 OTA did NOT brick your phone. Flashing something after you took the OTA bricked your phone. It would be more helpful if when you post on a thread you had more detail and you were more honest with everyone.Just Taking the OTA did not brick your phone.
What did you or your "friend" try to flash after you took the OTA ? a recovery ? try unlocking the bootloader ?? Need more detail. But nun-the-less ya you prob got a soft/hard brick depending what was flashed after you took the OTA.

XXDroidZillaXX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktweek View Post
Were you rooted before, or stock? I was stock 4.1.2, took the OTA to 4.3, stupidly tried to flash a 4.1.2 image, and got the dreaded yellow triangle of unauthorized software. I have tried flashing the VRALEC bootloader file, amongst MANY other options, and none have worked to allow me to even turn the phone on (ie, it won't boot up to a usable phone). Could you elaborate on exactly which file you used, which version of ODIN, and anything else you may have done? Again, every file I've tried to flash with ODIN, it fails.
This worked for me after getting the unauthorized triangle. Boot in to download mode and when it gives you the options to continue or restart phone, choose to restart. It bypasses a check or something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXDroidZillaXX View Post
This worked for me after getting the unauthorized triangle. Boot in to download mode and when it gives you the options to continue or restart phone, choose to restart. It bypasses a check or something.

From what I gather, Download Mode does not do this anymore on 4.3 when you flashed older firmware than 4.3. No way to skip past that as you're stuck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

XXDroidZillaXX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
From what I gather, Download Mode does not do this anymore on 4.3 when you flashed older firmware than 4.3. No way to skip past that as you're stuck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
I'm currently on 4.3 and it does work, at least it did for me just the other day.

The Following User Says Thank You to XXDroidZillaXX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GumEbear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I'm currently on 4.3 and it does work, at least it did for me just the other day.

I just tried this method and it took a couple minutes of waiting it connected and it worked. Thanks so much guys finally back on my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to GumEbear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:

So after the 4.3 ota, you flashed back to 4.1.2 and got the yellow triangle. You then powered off, booted into Odin mode and restarted the phone. Does it boot to 4.3 or 4.1.2?

Sent from my Last Ever Samsung Device.

XXDroidZillaXX
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331 View Post
So after the 4.3 ota, you flashed back to 4.1.2 and got the yellow triangle. You then powered off, booted into Odin mode and restarted the phone. Does it boot to 4.3 or 4.1.2?

Sent from my Last Ever Samsung Device.
I was trying to flash a custom recovery when I got the triangle. You will boot to 4.3 if it works for u. Your circumstances may be different if you were trying to downgrade. If you can get into Odin mode it should work though.

cicv78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up 4.3 root

Quote:
Originally Posted by huicho81 View Post
Yes I have read it, ok just want sure if anyone had came up with a solution. Keeping my fingers crossed, night liking not being rooted, besides this update really stinks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
i just read u post im new here , pluss im new in all that lol but that work for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2565758:laugh: