Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Android Kernal, what is it?

OP Reynbow

16th January 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

81 posts
I'm using a Galaxy Note 3. I've flashed it with a ROM called X-Note which was really great! And it had 3 options for custom kernals to use. I can't remember which one I chose, all I remember is the other two seemed to prevent my phone from booting. (maybe the issue, I'm no expert).

And now I have recently flashed CM11 via temasek's build and it's working very well indeed. The thing is though, they seem to have their own kernal that I can use. I'm not though, I'm just wondering what it is and if I should try using it.

From my experience some kernals can stop the phone from booting. Is this true? Maybe it was just coincidence for me? Can anyone explain?
Last edited by Reynbow; 16th January 2014 at 12:44 PM.
16th January 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,645

5,470 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynbow

I'm using a Galaxy Note 3. I've flashed it with a ROM called X-Note which was really great! And it had 3 options for custom kernals to use. I can't remember which one I chose, all I remember is the other two seemed to prevent my phone from booting. (maybe the issue, I'm no expert).

And now I have recently flashed CM11 via temasek's build and it's working very well indeed. The thing is though, they seem to have their own kernal that I can use. I'm not though, I'm just wondering what it is and if I should try using it.

From my experience some kernals can stop the phone from booting. Is this true? Maybe it was just coincidence for me? Can anyone explain?

(as a side question, X-Note also came with a custom version of TWRP. I'm thinking of going back to Clockworkmod recovery as there's a few new ones on the GN3 XDA threads. What would be the easiest and cleanest way to do this?)

temasek's kernel is very good and yes flash it great for battery
use this cwm install with twrp or odin up to you i used odin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread