Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTG Pen drive 32/64 Gig and form factor?

Tip us?

intelliriffer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default OTG Pen drive 32/64 Gig and form factor?

I am considering buying an Otg pen drive to expand capacity as well as keeping some important wip data off device, but want to know if anybody has tried them in 32 or 64 Gig capacities and how is their form factor as don't want it sticking like sore thumb that could likely damage the USB port. A unit with micro USB on side would likely be better suited, if anyone came across a model that kind?

Shofar1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelliriffer View Post
I am considering buying an Otg pen drive to expand capacity as well as keeping some important wip data off device, but want to know if anybody has tried them in 32 or 64 Gig capacities and how is their form factor as don't want it sticking like sore thumb that could likely damage the USB port. A unit with micro USB on side would likely be better suited, if anyone came across a model that kind?
I am using 3 USB thumg drives. 128 GB and 64GB. SandDisk and Kingston they work with no problems.

Also Meenova MiniMicroSD card reader with 64GB micro SD that works without the OTG dongle.

All work fine.

intelliriffer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar1 View Post
I am using 3 USB thumg drives. 128 GB and 64GB. SandDisk and Kingston they work with no problems.

Also Meenova MiniMicroSD card reader with 64GB micro SD that works without the OTG dongle.

All work fine.
Thanks,
Do your thumb drives have internal OTG /,MicroUsb (as i don't want to use a dongle cable).
Just Might as well get that Card Reader anyways as that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Shofar1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thumb drives require dongle.

Meenova goes direct but as for now only 64GB.