OmniRom - Music skips every 2 seconds

16th January 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi there, i have one little problem,i recently flashed new custom rom, so im running omni rom 4.4 kitkat... everything is fine, just all of my music players are driving me crazy because when i play any song it skips to another one like every 2 seconds. I tried built-in player and Poweramp, two situations always occur:
1.) player is working properly but songs are skipping, like... it still shows the same song, but it starts to play song number 2 for few seconds, then number xxx, then number yyy, then back to 1 and so one...
or
2.) songs are not skipping but after 3-4 songs music player freezes and i have to turn it off manually through settings...

im going to add one more information cause i think it could be related to the one above (im not 100% sure), when i copy files from SD card to internal memory, it freezes (sometimes after few files, sometimes immediately), the same occurs when i connect phone to USB on computer, it recognises the device but after some time it disappears - and if i even success to try to transfer some files it just freezes down.

my conclusion would be that there is a problem with internal storage, but im not a pro so i would like to hear your oppinions... cheers
16th January 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
okay so update:
i tried to flash stock rom which is JB 4.1.2 and few situations happened... i copied my music to both internal memory and sdcard and tried to play it with and without headphones....

- when using internal memory with headphones, it keeps skipping
- when using internal memory without headphones, it keeps skipping
- when using memory card without headphones, everything is allright
- when using memory card with headphones, everything is OK but it happened maybe twice that it started to skip again

im starting to think that its some internal memory issue....
i saw some guides how to do a bad sectors check using terminal so im gonna give that a go, then i will try to flash 4.4 back again and we'll see whats gonna happen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread