XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wi-Fi won't turn on?

Tip us?

Rorschilds
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Wi-Fi won't turn on?

Hi guys, I'm on an i9505 with stock ROM and everything. I had it rooted before and everything was perfect, but then I updated to 4.3, so I had to re-root. When I re-rooted, everything was still there - I just had to re-install Xposed. However, my Wi-Fi is not working anymore. Every time I click on the Wi-Fi to toggle it on, it flashes green, then turns itself off again.

What is the problem here? My build number is JSS15J.I9505XXUEMKF and my baseband versionis I9505XXUEMJ7. I rooted using CF Auto-root for I9505.

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschilds View Post
Hi guys, I'm on an i9505 with stock ROM and everything. I had it rooted before and everything was perfect, but then I updated to 4.3, so I had to re-root. When I re-rooted, everything was still there - I just had to re-install Xposed. However, my Wi-Fi is not working anymore. Every time I click on the Wi-Fi to toggle it on, it flashes green, then turns itself off again.

What is the problem here? My build number is JSS15J.I9505XXUEMKF and my baseband versionis I9505XXUEMJ7. I rooted using CF Auto-root for I9505.
Download and extract then Flash this via odin by seleting phone http://d-h.st/lVI

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rorschilds
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Download and extract then Flash this via odin by seleting phone http://d-h.st/lVI
Thanks, I just tried it, but it didn't seem to do anything. Still turning itself off the second I turn it on.

Is it perhaps because my baseband version is not the same as my build number? I don't know much about the details and intricacies of how this stuff works, I only know the basics, but that's an idea that came up.
Or maybe I need the Wifi fix for UEMKF (my build number) rather than UEMJ7 (My baseband version)?
I'm not sure. But just some ideas.

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, I just tried it, but it didn't seem to do anything. Still turning itself off the second I turn it on.

Is it perhaps because my baseband version is not the same as my build number? I don't know much about the details and intricacies of how this stuff works, I only know the basics, but that's an idea that came up.
Or maybe I need the Wifi fix for UEMKF (my build number) rather than UEMJ7 (My baseband version)?
I'm not sure. But just some ideas.
Download and Extract ,then Power Off your device completely and wait a few sec and Press and hold Power+Volume down in order to reach download mode and flash it via odin, and go to settings and check your baseband if the flash are okey.

**If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rorschilds
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Download and Extract ,then Power Off your device completely and wait a few sec and Press and hold Power+Volume down in order to reach download mode and flash it via odin, and go to settings and check your baseband if the flash are okey.

**If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.
Yes I know how to flash. The second link worked, thank you very much sir

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I know how to flash. The second link worked, thank you very much sir
Glad that helps , Have a nice day sir.

Quote:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x-poke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the wifi problem doesn't accour cuz you root your phone it happened to my me and i was not rooted and nor flashed anything. you wake up and boom wifi won't turn on. and i use my mobile data cuz i can not turn on my wifi anymore. some say it's a hardware issue. some say it is a firmware issue. i don't know. i can't solve the problem. even i pay a technician to repair the phone buy they couldnt eighter. so i feel dumb when someone says this worked for me or that solved the issue. i did everything and i have not much money to buy a new one