Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Activation Beanstalk 4.4

Tip us?

lasteagle31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone Activation Beanstalk 4.4

I am attempting to install Beanstalk 4.4. I have the rom installed but it asks for a phone activation. The activation then fails. I have MJA installed. I tried it with MK2 also. Any suggestions would be nice.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1227
Install a stock TW (4.3 MJA or MK2) ROM and activate it that way. Probably easiest is the full MK2 .tar via Odin (it's here, just search; I've posted to it a few times)
Then after your service is setup with Sprint, root again via CF-Autoroot, install recovery (goomanager is easiest) and then flash away
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lasteagle31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Install a stock TW (4.3 MJA or MK2) ROM and activate it that way. Probably easiest is the full MK2 .tar via Odin (it's here, just search; I've posted to it a few times)
Then after your service is setup with Sprint, root again via CF-Autoroot, install recovery (goomanager is easiest) and then flash away
Thanks for the sugguestion. I'm downloading the stock tar now. It just seems odd to me that i'm activated on my current rom stock(ish) v4, but when i flash beanstalk i need to reactivate.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasteagle31 View Post
Thanks for the sugguestion. I'm downloading the stock tar now. It just seems odd to me that i'm activated on my current rom stock(ish) v4, but when i flash beanstalk i need to reactivate.
You shouldn't to reactivate if you've already done that. I didn't get that you'd done that already. But if you do go back to stock, activate then maker sure to update your PRL and Profile.
If you're active on Sprints network with you imei only thing you should have to do with another ROM is the initital setup stuff. But not the 'Handsfree Activation stuff.
You could also try resetting the activation/phone by using the dialer code ##72786# (in TW ROM)
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

lasteagle31
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I read in other 4.4 rom thread that it is common to get the no activation when upgrading to kitkat on sprint. You can just ignore it and everything should work as expected. I appreciate your suggestions.