Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 Shattered Screen

Tip us?

blueice5249
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy S3 Shattered Screen

I have a VZW Samsung Galaxy S3. I broke my screen and need to get it replaced. Instead of spending $100 on the same phone. I'd like to just replace the screen. However, I don't want to just replace it with a cheap Chinese replacement screen. I'd like to get the OEM Samsung Gorilla Glass II Screen. I'm having a lot of trouble finding one that is the original screen. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get one?

Dadud
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I too am interested. It's there a site where I can get any colored replacement gorilla glass ?(I want red or best buy blue)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueice5249 View Post
I have a VZW Samsung Galaxy S3. I broke my screen and need to get it replaced. Instead of spending $100 on the same phone. I'd like to just replace the screen. However, I don't want to just replace it with a cheap Chinese replacement screen. I'd like to get the OEM Samsung Gorilla Glass II Screen. I'm having a lot of trouble finding one that is the original screen. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get one?
Replace just the glass is very tricky and it's not going to be the same due to glueing. You need special glue and special process to achieve this. The best bet is to buy the digitizer/screen assembly which cost arount $125-$120 and possible you can get another phone for the same price. You need to decide.

blueice5249
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Replace just the glass is very tricky and it's not going to be the same due to glueing. You need special glue and special process to achieve this. The best bet is to buy the digitizer/screen assembly which cost arount $125-$120 and possible you can get another phone for the same price. You need to decide.
Thanks, it seems like I'll be better off getting a new phone or just dealing with this one

Lord_Tardis
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
This is truth. I have watched multiple videos on how to do this and they all seem to point to getting the glass and digitizer together.