[Q] HTC One update problems

Search This thread

infrequent

Dec 13, 2011
Copenhagen
Hi.

I have just bought a used HTC One running Android 4.1.2. It say there's an update available (2.24.401) which will bring it to 4.2.2 but I have trouble installing it.

The problem might be that the phone is already rooted and has TWRP installed. I have only very little experience with rooting and recovery tools

Anyway ... what happens is that I tell it to update and it restarts the phone. Instead of just rebooting it then enters TWRP and from then on I'm lost. I can get TWRP to reboot as system but after doing so the update is still not installed.

Is there anything I can do to get the update installed ?

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
Hi.

I have just bought a used HTC One running Android 4.1.2. It say there's an update available (2.24.401) which will bring it to 4.2.2 but I have trouble installing it.

The problem might be that the phone is already rooted and has TWRP installed. I have only very little experience with rooting and recovery tools

Anyway ... what happens is that I tell it to update and it restarts the phone. Instead of just rebooting it then enters TWRP and from then on I'm lost. I can get TWRP to reboot as system but after doing so the update is still not installed.

Is there anything I can do to get the update installed ?

Flash stock recovery of your current base

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

infrequent

Dec 13, 2011
Copenhagen
Flash stock recovery of your current base

As I implied I have little understanding of such matter :) You mean restore current version and break root ? As far as I know the device has just been rooted TWRP installed - no mod or anything other than the official updates seems to have been installed.

I would not mind installing the 4.2.2 manually but I'm not sure I could find the right file anywhere....

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
What is your current base? I.E. 1.29.xx.xx? What is it exactly? I mean, replace TWRP with the stock android recovery, which will allow the OTA to be installed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: infrequent

infrequent

Dec 13, 2011
Copenhagen
On the contrary, its very easy.
And flash in fastboot.. Look around for guides to flash recoveries.

You scared the hell out of me !

I downloaded the img and flashed it using fastboot. ...and the I had a phone showing nothing but a picture of a phone, a red triangle and an esclamation point. OMG what. Phone seemed dead :(

I then unplugget USB cable and pressed all buttons (that's what I do when panicking) and luckily the phone reeboted normally :)

Also it seems lige the update is installing nicely :) So THANK YOU !

Top Liked Posts