Thanks Meter 2
Just got an OTA notification in Moscow, RU

tudork
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.lazlow View Post
Just got an OTA notification in Moscow, RU
Yes, I got it too, thanks for the updates!

yuan_1202
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by afg984 View Post
Glad it's not a random bug

I've done some experiments...
Press power button when sensor covered with hand or anything else --> Screen does not turn on
Press power button without covering the sensor --> Screen turns on
Press power button in a dark room --> Screen turns on!!

EDIT:
I found that there's a sensor other than light sensor: APDS9702, which measures distance
It seems that it's a feature that prevents screen turning on when covered with something.
CPU-Z screenshot:

Oh dear.

Dont you know pretty much all smart phones have a proximity sensor?

It detects if something is close to the screen, so that when u are answering the phone, the phone is smart enough to turn off the screen to save battery.

You poor kid...

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

nikhilkaushik
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by soorajskn View Post
I am unable update to 4.3 via OTA.

Mobile will download the update and then reboot for updating. It will goto software update mode. But it wil fail after few min and Mobile wil boot to normal mode and then I wil get one error message as ' Could not install new software version.'

I am using C5502 with 4.2.2 (Rooted)

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app
It because your phone is rooted and most probably you have installed recovery as well....

soorajskn
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilkaushik View Post
It because your phone is rooted and most probably you have installed recovery as well....
Yea.. I hav rooted my phone. But not installed recovery. I hav Locked Bootloader. I unrooted and tried to update. But still same error.

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

gspbeetle
Old
(Last edited by gspbeetle; 11th January 2014 at 07:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Looks like ZR is still in "under investigation" status for 4.4 KitKat, while our bigger brother Z has already confirmed for "next version" ages ago.

But I guess we still have to wait for a little more before jumping into conclusions.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...nes/xperia-zr/
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...ones/xperia-z/
The Following User Says Thank You to gspbeetle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soorajskn
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default OTA Update

Hi..

I downloaded the 4.3 OTA update on XZR. But before installing it i copied the OTA file from Root > Cache folder .

I was unable to update the OTA update directly. I was getting error message when installing OTA update.

So is there any ways to install the backup of OTA file ..? Downloaded OTA file is in bin format.

DPY!
Old
(Last edited by DPY!; 16th January 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Smile Method to Backup OTA update for later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorajskn View Post
Hi..

I downloaded the 4.3 OTA update on XZR. But before installing it i copied the OTA file from Root > Cache folder .

I was unable to update the OTA update directly. I was getting error message when installing OTA update.

So is there any ways to install the backup of OTA file ..? Downloaded OTA file is in bin format.
You cannot install software through the .bin file directly.
MAKE SURE NONE OF THE SYSTEM FILES ARE ALTERED, otherwise OTA update will fail. You can use Flashtool to flash "system" only of you firmware and uncheck wipe data/cache etc. to make sure you have original files.

If you have downloaded the 4.3 OTA update and plan to update later or experiment with root,
you can copy the downloaded files after Update Center says "Ready to Install" from root directory <cache/recovery>.
Just copy the whole folder and make a backup of Update Center app from Titanium Backup.

Then, if you want to update, you can copy the recovery folder back to "cache" folder AND CHANGE the PERMISSION of all the files using Solid Explorer/ Root Explorer after mounting r/w.
It should look like this-
R W X
1 1 1
1 1 1
1 0 1
and it also shows a number below it- 775

1=tick 0=unchecked
And change "Owner" to 1000:system , Group to 2001:cache

Then you can restore Update Center by Titanium Backup and update.

OR
You can make a Nandroid backup via CWM or TWRP and restore it when you want to update.

P.S : Go to apps and clear data of Update Center if you don't want the "Ready to Install" Notification all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to DPY! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]