FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] Third sensor next to front camera?

Thanks Meter: 7
 
By steeserious, Member on 15th January 2014, 10:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Today I realised that the screen protector I just applied a few days ago has three holes for the sensors next to the front camera, instead of just two for the two sensors that are visible.
Does anybody know what the third one is about? I saw that it's also visible in the service manual as well as in this promo video: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...cations/#white
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XSP sensor.jpg
Views:	6493
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2518390   Click image for larger version

Name:	XSP sensor.jpg
Views:	6493
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2518390  
 
 
15th January 2014, 10:45 PM |#2  
pec0ra's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 851
 
Donate to Me
More
It's the proximity sensor.

Edit : sorry, I misunderstood... my bad. You have the light and proximity sensor but I don't know what the 3rd one is.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
16th January 2014, 12:01 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I think its (in order) camera, ambient light sensor (for autobrigness), proximity sensor 1, and proximity sensor 2 (like an Xperia Neo for example)
16th January 2014, 11:18 AM |#4  
noahvt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 445
 
More
I checked my phone and it has 3 holes but it's hard to see because it's a black phone!

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 11:19 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,199
 
More
Somewere in the General or Q&A are the whitepapers being shared of this phone. Perhaps you can take a look at them to determine what the purpose is of that sensor?
16th January 2014, 03:10 PM |#6  
noahvt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 445
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeserious

Today I realised that the screen protector I just applied a few days ago has three holes for the sensors next to the front camera, instead of just two for the two sensors that are visible.
Does anybody know what the third one is about? I saw that it's also visible in the service manual as well as in this promo video: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...cations/#white

What phone do you have? C530?

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 03:57 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider

Somewere in the General or Q&A are the whitepapers being shared of this phone. Perhaps you can take a look at them to determine what the purpose is of that sensor?

I did that but couldn't spot any useful information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahvt

What phone do you have? C530?

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's the C5303.
16th January 2014, 04:22 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
Light sensor, Proximity Sensor, Proximity Switch

The Following User Says Thank You to ZakooZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 04:32 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
So it is, indeed, the light sensor.

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused about proximity sensor and switch. What's the difference between the two?
When I use the service menu to check (idiot me, could've done that to determine that the third one is the light sensor ) the proximity switch, holding something in front of any of the two will change the status to ON.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes