HELP!! N10 crashes on boot

16th January 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
I purchased a pre-owned N10. Right from the start I noticed something unusual about it. Here are the facts:

1. It was stock/locked/unrooted
2. It was running android 4.2.2
3. It had a minor screen flickering/system crash issue

I thought the minor screen flickering was a result of low power so didn't think anything of it. I knew that if I was going to unlock/root it made more sense to just do the OTA to bring the tablet up to date. What happened next:

1. Updated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 (screen flicker/system crash issue got worse)
2. The tablet then crashed and the battery power dropped to 0. I plug it it and it slowly began to charge.
3. I waited for 15 mins and the batter % had gone up to 2%
4. While plugged in the OTA update later notified me that an update was available and 30 mins later the tablet was showing a full charge
5. I proceeded with the OTA update from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and now the screen flicker/system crash it uncontrollable. I cannot get a normal boot on the device. I can get it to boot into recovery so as long as it is plugged into the charger but that is about it.

I am uncertain whether this is hardware or software related. I am trying to rule out software related by attempting to reflash the stock image on the device to see if a fresh restore will correct everything. As a side note, my warranty w/ Samsung expired early Dec 2013 so I am SOL and sending it for repair may not be worth my while.

I cannot use the wugfresh NRTK since I cannot put the device in debugging mode and I can't do a factory image flash through the root tool kit because the device is locked.

Any help is greatly appreciate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 10 bootloop 4.4 kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread