Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Get the Nexus 7 2013 or wait?

Tip us?

zevim2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default [Q] Get the Nexus 7 2013 or wait?

I wanted to know your opinion,should i buy the nexus 7 2013 or wait to the 2014???

How its playing games on it,smooth??

Thanks

oadam11
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Well the nexus 7 is about half way into its life cycle. I got my nexus 7 a little under 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier. The tablet runs very smoothly and I haven't noticed any lag. I can't speak for games since I'm not much of a gamer but I would suppose they would run smoothly as well. I am also loving the roms

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013
The Following User Says Thank You to oadam11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zevim2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by oadam11 View Post
Well the nexus 7 is about half way into its life cycle. I got my nexus 7 a little under 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier. The tablet runs very smoothly and I haven't noticed any lag. I can't speak for games since I'm not much of a gamer but I would suppose they would run smoothly as well. I am also loving the roms

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013
Thanks men.

Someone who play games?

datallboy
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Games run pretty smooth. I've played some more graphical intense games like Modern Combat4, Gangstar Vegas, GTA, Asphalt 8. On stock frequency, there can be some lag on stock kernel, I over clocked with elementalx and most games can run smooth maxed out.

1.89Ghz CPU OC / 490 MHz GPU OC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices

XDA Banner

Retired Devices

Nook Tablet 8GB

Email: datallboy@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to datallboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt4321
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160

DONATE TO ME
keep in mind they may not release a new nexus 7 (or equivalent), they may release a new nexus 10 as there is only an original of that and it's coming up to 2 years old, so they may want to bump that up instead

Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 5 | Motorola Xoom
Follow Me On Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to matt4321 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 235
I upgraded to the 2013 nexus 7 from the original and can say the 13 model is an excellent device. Very smooth in day to day operations, and much smoother on games like dead trigger or NFS MW. I've also played a little modern combat 4 and had no stuttering or lagging.
I use my device complete stock unrooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 95Z28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buelldozer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Based on my experience I would not buy another one and I'm really sorry I 'upgraded' my 2012 to this 2013.