Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wallpaper changes on reboot after installing Xposed

Tip us?

transient_itch
Old
(Last edited by transient_itch; 16th January 2014 at 02:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Wallpaper changes on reboot after installing Xposed

I just installed Xposed (Greenify, GravityBox, and G2 Exposed modules) and have noticed that each time I reboot, the homescreen wallpaper changes to some default LG wallpaper. Anyone else have this problem? I"m getting tired of changing it back to what I want. The lockscreen wallpaper doesn't change, btw.

Actually, GravityBox isn't even working correctly right now, but this wallpaper issue existed when I got the other two modules before it.

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by transient_itch View Post
I just installed Xposed (Greenify, GravityBox, and G2 Exposed modules) and have noticed that each time I reboot, the homescreen wallpaper changes to some default LG wallpaper. Anyone else have this problem? I"m getting tired of changing it back to what I want. The lockscreen wallpaper doesn't change, btw.

Actually, GravityBox isn't even working correctly right now, but this wallpaper issue existed when I got the other two modules before it.
Maybe clear cache and davlik in recovery....for lock screen wallpaper try using gravitybox to put a image on

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Most probably you are greenifying what you shouldn't.
Check if you are not having in your greenified apps something that could have to do something with the wallpaper. (System UI parts, live wallpaper things, lwp etc...)

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.4.2 with G2 TweaksBox variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

Quadrant score never matters!

transient_itch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Maybe clear cache and davlik in recovery....for lock screen wallpaper try using gravitybox to put a image on
Can't get GravityBox to work yet. How did you get it to work? Lockscreen wallpaper isn't an issue, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Most probably you are greenifying what you shouldn't.
Check if you are not having in your greenified apps something that could have to do something with the wallpaper. (System UI parts, live wallpaper things, lwp etc...)
I turned off Greenify module and still same issue. What's funny is that I got Greenify app before I had Xposed ( didn't even know what it was until recently).

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can't get GravityBox to work yet. How did you get it to work? Lockscreen wallpaper isn't an issue, though.

I turned off Greenify module and still same issue. What's funny is that I got Greenify app before I had Xposed ( didn't even know what it was until recently).
Greenify works without xposed. Uninstall it and reboot and reboot.

Many apps are like this...
Changes persistent after unticking them...
Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

LG G2
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

The Following User Says Thank You to PAGOT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

transient_itch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Greenify works without xposed. Uninstall it and reboot and reboot.

Many apps are like this...
Changes persistent after unticking them...

Hey it worked! Hmm so does that mean I can't use Greenify then? Before I only selected apps and nothing regarding System UI parts.

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey it worked! Hmm so does that mean I can't use Greenify then? Before I only selected apps and nothing regarding System UI parts.
Just find out which app you should not greenify.. it doesn't have to be system ui etc

LG G2

transient_itch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Just find out which app you should not greenify.. it doesn't have to be system ui etc

Ah right. Ok.

So if Greenify doesn't require Xposed to work, that means I don't have to activate it in Xposed?

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ah right. Ok.

So if Greenify doesn't require Xposed to work, that means I don't have to activate it in Xposed?
Well it will can work evoking the root rights, but I think not all of the functions will work from it. Would be better have it still in the Xposed.
Just find the culprit app and degreenify it.

LG G2

transient_itch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Well it will can work evoking the root rights, but I think not all of the functions will work from it. Would be better have it still in the Xposed.
Just find the culprit app and degreenify it.
Actually I don't think the problem is really Greenify.

I installed it again, changed nothing (ie did no activate in Xposed or hibernate apps), rebooted, and saw that same default wallpaper come up. Then I opened up an app (Facebook) and the wallpaper I wanted re-appeared. Not sure what's going on, but opening up an app seems to set things straight.

Tags
framework, lg g2, module, xposed