FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Request : decompile opera mini app

173 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Request: to decompile opera mini app, change its dpi to 200, nd compile it back
N post link in reply..
Tried to change dpi via 'app setting' app from xposed framework, bt didnt made any change
Currently app's dpi is 240.
 
 
15th January 2014, 12:39 PM |#2  
iceyhotguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 740
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darpan1041

Request: to decompile opera mini app, change its dpi to 200, nd compile it back
N post link in reply..
Tried to change dpi via 'app setting' app from xposed framework, bt didnt made any change
Currently app's dpi is 240.

As far as I know, the apk itself never has the DPI specified. The DPI is read from your build.prop (known as ro.sf.lcd_density) and when your application is opened, it adjusts to that DPI.
Please note that I said opened, not installed. If your DPI is say 240 when the application is installed and you change it to 180, the next time you open any application it will automatically be running in that DPI.

The App Settings app with Xposed Framework is working perfectly for me for all apps with different DPIs. You might want to check the following :
1. Check if the Xposed framework is properly installed.
2. Check if App Settings is enabled in the Xposed app
3. Make sure you are pressing "Save" button after changing the app's DPI
15th January 2014, 12:42 PM |#3  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
App Settings (or maybe Xposed) really does not work on Opera Mini. I tried it myself. This is weird.
15th January 2014, 12:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalol
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyhotguy

As far as I know, the apk itself never has the DPI specified. The DPI is read from your build.prop (known as ro.sf.lcd_density) and when your application is opened, it adjusts to that DPI.
Please note that I said opened, not installed. If your DPI is say 240 when the application is installed and you change it to 180, the next time you open any application it will automatically be running in that DPI.

The App Settings app with Xposed Framework is working perfectly for me for all apps with different DPIs. You might want to check the following :
1. Check if the Xposed framework is properly installed.
2. Check if App Settings is enabled in the Xposed app
3. Make sure you are pressing "Save" button after changing the app's DPI

I hav changed my dpi to 195, all apps r affected Xcept opera mini, dats y n askin 4 modified opera mini
N everything u mentioned is correctly done, other apps changed, bt opera mini didnt.
The Following User Says Thank You to darpan1041 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 05:46 PM |#5  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
What can we do with appsetting module....???

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app
16th January 2014, 05:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kalol
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preshak

What can we do with appsetting module....???

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

We can change any particular app's setting "lets say dpi" or "full screen" with d help of app settings module, n r many more options to customize an app..

Hit thanx if i helped u..
Last edited by darpan1041; 16th January 2014 at 06:03 PM.
16th January 2014, 06:13 PM |#7  
Preshak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Thankx mate

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes