FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] little switch on bottom

13th January 2014, 10:55 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kens240z

Thanks for the quick answer

Wow I never new what that was for!!!
 
 
16th January 2014, 11:26 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I just wished the tablet had wireless charging in some form, I'm waiting for the day the little flap covering the USB port snaps off killing the waterproof aspect and ruining the look of it
16th January 2014, 01:27 PM |#13  
Apollo89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,932
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza87

I just wished the tablet had wireless charging in some form, I'm waiting for the day the little flap covering the USB port snaps off killing the waterproof aspect and ruining the look of it

What do you think those gold-plated pads at the left side are for?

SGPDS5 Cradle

Last edited by Apollo89; 16th January 2014 at 01:34 PM.
16th January 2014, 06:08 PM |#14  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo89

What do you think those gold-plated pads at the left side are for?

it is not wireless at all)
16th January 2014, 06:13 PM |#15  
Apollo89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,932
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

it is not wireless at all)

At least you don't have to open any flaps or connect any wires.
What's the difference between placing your tablet on a "wireless" charging pad or in a cradle anyway?
A cradle looks much nicer and neater. Inductive charging wastes a part of the energy, generates more heat and is generally slower.
Last edited by Apollo89; 16th January 2014 at 06:17 PM.
16th January 2014, 06:22 PM |#16  
Rootk1t's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo89

At least you don't have to open any flaps or connect any wires.
What's the difference between placing your tablet on a "wireless" charging pad or in a cradle anyway?
A cradle looks much nicer and neater. Inductive charging wastes a part of the energy, generates more heat and is generally slower.

With wireless charger you may use any case, with dock only original one or of the same construction (type). Energy waste is not substantial in this case, a lot of people plug in tablet for a charge overnight, it doesn't matter that it will take 1 hour more, because you can partially compensate it by using more powerfull charger (e.g. from Ipad or samsung 2,1A work well) instead of original 1,5A which chargers forever even in craddle).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes