Wet Spot Under Digitizer

Tip us?

dipaolnv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Wet Spot Under Digitizer

Hi all.

I had the digitizer replaced on my wife's note II recently. Now there appears to be a "wet" spot between the lcd and digitizer. Pressing on it I can spread out the wet area, but it does come back to it's original shape. It's about 2" long and 0.5" wide.

The digitizer works properly.

I am thinking this might be some uncured adhesive from when it was installed, but I don't know if that's plausible or not.

My question is... does anyone know if there's a quick/simple fix for this?

-= Samsung Galaxy SIII =-
Android 4.1.1, Jelly Bean, Rooted
Holo Launcher

dipaolnv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Thanks for all the help... NOT!

I ultimately found the answer. Apparently the digitizer was touching the LCD screen. I took it back to the shop where I had the digitizer replaced, and he glued them together with a different adhesive (he may not have used an adhesive previously). This has resolved the issue. Hope this is of help to others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipaolnv View Post
Hi all.

I had the digitizer replaced on my wife's note II recently. Now there appears to be a "wet" spot between the lcd and digitizer. Pressing on it I can spread out the wet area, but it does come back to it's original shape. It's about 2" long and 0.5" wide.

The digitizer works properly.

I am thinking this might be some uncured adhesive from when it was installed, but I don't know if that's plausible or not.

My question is... does anyone know if there's a quick/simple fix for this?

-= Samsung Galaxy SIII =-
Android 4.1.1, Jelly Bean, Rooted
Holo Launcher