Ask a question

No registration required

Group messaging problems and getting back replies as individual messages

OP whitelightnin3006

16th January 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

88 posts
So I have seen stuff all over the web about this topic, but have yet to find an answer. I am one of the many folks that has a problem with group messaging not working correctly. Here is what I have noticed so far.

If I use my stock messaging app to send a group message, it ALWAYS sends out as a group message.

When using Handcent, sometimes, yes just sometimes, when I send out a group message, it will send to each individual contact in that group message. Most times Handcent works properly though. Then every now and then, it sends all individual messages.

Anybody with an Iphone, or another Sprint Galaxy s4, I have no problems with. Theyre replies always come back as a group text

One friend, who has an android on Verizon, when he replies to the group, I not only get his message as if its just coming from him to me, it is also blank, and I cant read it.

Another friend, has an android, not sure what provider, but his messages can be read, but they also come back to me as individual messages.

Is there a different ROM that will solve this issue? I am using Stock 4.2.2, but it is rooted.

This is really annoying, so I wanted to see if anyone has figured this out yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread