Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] rom Question

OP digitalsatan

16th January 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I īv been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Just need a push in the right direction.
Thanks
16th January 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,089

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsatan

Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I īv been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Just need a push in the right direction.
Thanks

You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2
Last edited by Repulsa; 16th January 2014 at 05:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2

Great reply thanks!
16th January 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Great reply thanks!

No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa

No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .

is there anyway of updating to the official 4.3 without getting the new bootloader or knox?
16th January 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib

1,873 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

is there anyway of updating to the official 4.3 without getting the new bootloader or knox?

No. Unless you flash a Knox-free custom ROM, but you can't do it with the official one
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread