Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rom Question

Tip us?
 
digitalsatan
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Question [Q] rom Question

Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I īv been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Just need a push in the right direction.
Thanks
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 16th January 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
#2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,802
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsatan View Post
Hi
Im new to Android and got some questions. I īv been reading but at this point i rather ask.
I got an I9505 Int unbranded model on 4.2.2 (UBMGA) knox free. I would like to try out some roms but be able to revert back to stock for official updates in the future.
I would like to tryout GE of the latest 4.4.2 without knox or locked bootloader is that possible?
Also if its possible to install an official 4.3 TW version without the bloatware?

Just need a push in the right direction.
Thanks
You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
digitalsatan
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
You can start rooting your phone and then flash a Custom recovery such as Philz/TWRP/CWM and flash any 4.3 Rom's (Bloatware) you like and make sure its a knoxfree rom. and about 4.4 kitkat it wont work for us Oldbootloader (NOWIFI) since Samsung did not release any kernel source yet . so be patience . Until they relase the Official. Have a nice day.

And If you wanna go back just flash a 4.2.2 Prerooted BMGA stock > Reset binary > Flash a normal Stock 4.2.2
Great reply thanks!
 
Repulsa
Old
#4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,802
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsatan View Post
Great reply thanks!
No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
digitalsatan
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
No worries mate , feel free to ask anything here if you got any problem , and im sure alot of xda member's will try to solve that problem "Btw if your flashing a custom rom via recovery make sure to wipe or follow their instruction in order to prevent any issue .
is there anyway of updating to the official 4.3 without getting the new bootloader or knox?
 
Repulsa
Old
#6  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,802
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsatan View Post
is there anyway of updating to the official 4.3 without getting the new bootloader or knox?
No. Unless you flash a Knox-free custom ROM, but you can't do it with the official one
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more