[Q] Flashed recovery as boot image, bricked device

Search This thread

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
Hey guys, I am here because I was incredibly stupid. I have no idea how this could have happened.

I tried updating the TWRP to the latest version with Goo manager, unfortunatly, it deleted my old one without flashing a new one. The ADB drivers didn't really work, so I tried flashing the twrp.img via the app "flashify". Problem is, I flashed the .img as a boot image and not as a recovery image, no idea how I could overlook that.

So now my Touchpad only boots into the webOS download mode and shows an error if I try to boot regularly (obviously). palm.com/ROM it says.

So my question is, how do I flash the correct boot image again? Last time I have flashed the boot image of the touchpad was when Ice cream sandwich wasn't even announced, I have no idea how to fix my mums tablet.

So it would be so great if you could help me, I'm feeling so stupid and quite helpless. Thanks so much :)

laspero

Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys, I am here because I was incredibly stupid. I have no idea how this could have happened.

I tried updating the TWRP to the latest version with Goo manager, unfortunatly, it deleted my old one without flashing a new one. The ADB drivers didn't really work, so I tried flashing the twrp.img via the app "flashify". Problem is, I flashed the .img as a boot image and not as a recovery image, no idea how I could overlook that.

So now my Touchpad only boots into the webOS download mode and shows an error if I try to boot regularly (obviously). palm.com/ROM it says.

So my question is, how do I flash the correct boot image again? Last time I have flashed the boot image of the touchpad was when Ice cream sandwich wasn't even announced, I have no idea how to fix my mums tablet.

So it would be so great if you could help me, I'm feeling so stupid and quite helpless. Thanks so much :)

You will want to run acmeuninstaller
followed by WebOS Doctor
and then moboot, CWM, CM10.2

some help with fixing a situation like yours is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426244

latest files can be found here: invisiblek.org/tenderloin/

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
Holy ****, so I do have to uninstall everything, delete the partitions and then repartition and reinstall everything? Isn't there a way just to flash moboot again or something? :(

Last edited:

laspero

Jan 13, 2014
Holy ****, so I do have to uninstall everything, delete the partitions and then repartition and reinstall everything? Isn't there a way just to flash moboot again or something? :(

to install moboot you need to get a copy of it on the touchpad in the cminstall folder and then run
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3

to get moboot there you need to see if you can boot into CWM.
Get a copy of update-CWM6_tenderloin-20121215.zip and extract uImage.ClockworkMod

on your Windows PC in command window:
cd C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc
novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod

go to mounts and storage

mount /boot

mount /sdcard

mount USB storage

create a directory cminstall

you can copy CWM, moboot and then try ACMEinstaller3

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
E:

Well, I can get into CWM, but I can't mount anything, error mounting /boot and /everything else, and it doesn't do anything when I'm mounting USB storage. damn. Any other tipps? I'm really grateful for your help, but I would rather first exhaust the options before killing everthing and then rebuilding it.

Last edited:

laspero

Jan 13, 2014
E:

Well, I can get into CWM, but I can't mount anything, error mounting /boot and /everything else, and it doesn't do anything when I'm mounting USB storage. damn. Any other tipps? I'm really grateful for your help, but I would rather first exhaust the options before killing everthing and then rebuilding it.

If you are getting mount errors then my guess is your partitions are messed up and should rebuild from scratch. Only other think I would try is just acmeuninstaller and see if you can get webos to boot after that.