Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install Ascend P6 B111 on Ascend P1?

Tip us?

DvorakWright
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Install Ascend P6 B111 on Ascend P1?

Hi all, I just arrived from noob land
Didn't know where else to plonk this since I must be the only one in the world who has bothered to consider this...

Anyway to the point:
I have the Huawei Ascend P1 currently on B336 (Jellybean 4.1.1 and EMUI 1.5) meant for this device. Now I want to know if it is possible to stick official P6 firmware on here since this baby has more than enough juice for most things. I really just want Jellybean 4.2.2 and EMUI 1.6 since I've played with my father's P6 and seen how glorious it is. I would just take the firmware from the G510 since it is more similar in hardware to my device, but there is no firmware to take (Huawei needs to make an update for it so I can steal it :P )
My sister has a G510, but I highly, incredibly, most certainly doubt there is a snowball's chance in Hell that I can somehow clone it to my device to get at it's EMUI 1.6
Think it's possible and will work? Cos I don't know if the P6 firmware is optimised for quad core and 2GB RAM devices...

Thanks all

kabirjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvorakWright View Post
Didn't know where else to plonk this since I must be the only one in the world who has bothered to consider this...

Anyway to the point:
I have the Huawei Ascend P1 currently on B336 (Jellybean 4.1.1 and EMUI 1.5) meant for this device. Now I want to know if it is possible to stick official P6 firmware on here since this baby has more than enough juice for most things. I really just want Jellybean 4.2.2 and EMUI 1.6 since I've played with my father's P6 and seen how glorious it is. I would just take the firmware from the G510 since it is more similar in hardware to my device, but there is no firmware to take (Huawei needs to make an update for it so I can steal it :P )
My sister has a G510, but I highly, incredibly, most certainly doubt there is a snowball's chance in Hell that I can somehow clone it to my device to get at it's EMUI 1.6
Think it's possible and will work? Cos I don't know if the P6 firmware is optimised for quad core and 2GB RAM devices...

Thanks all
Crazy idea no way!

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvorakWright View Post

Anyway to the point:

Thanks all
You should check for ascend p1 roms at huaweinews.com

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)