Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heads up for anyone with bootloader unlock no

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Default Heads up for anyone with bootloader unlock no

Hi all,

Having had my Z1 for a little while now and having learnt that I could not unlock the bootloader because EE had requested that the phones be locked down I had almost admitted defeat, but then I bricked my phone because I didn't wipe the TA partition when updating to 4.3 DOH.

So instead of claiming on my insurance I went ahead and sent it for repair in carphone warehouse, now I was hesitant at this point but not only have they sent me an unlocked handset it also has a bootloader unlock allowed "YES" status in the config of the phone, also they sent me a brand new handset boxed with all accessories and they did it in less than one week.

Amazing service

Just thought that this may help anyone who sends their phone off for repair, it may help and it certainly did for me, just be careful what you send it back for, if it's software then obviously they aren't going to be changing the handset, luckily I had totalled mine and not even god could have switched it on, so in my instance it was a winner.

Hope this helps someone else who was in the same mess that I was previously in.

Good times
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

ApriliaM3
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 13443
Thread closed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ApriliaM3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe