Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

How to Bypass unlock home screen

7th January 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I got an Madcatz MOJO Console, it is good and interesting. But on a day, when I start up the console, it asked me enter a password to unlock home screen, indeed, i don't know what happen since don't have any area for setting password of it. So, at the moment, I can not do anything with this.

You can see my problem in attached picture.

Could anyone pls let me know how to solve the problem.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-06-111218.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	2499911  
7th January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 13

256 posts
More
tryied just hiting enter (empty password)?
Someone must have set it to activate the lock?
maybe this would help you:
http://droidlessons.com/how-to-reset...reen-password/
The Following User Says Thank You to gwaldo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thank you for your reply.

But problem is when I'm checking on other console, i could not find place to set password for device.

I search on internet to find how to bypass the lock code at home screen, I tried all but unsuccessful since almost methods required root permission.

Luckily, I still connect and debug device via my computer, I tried reboot into recovery, but it only shows the android robot and yellow triangle then stuck.

If like android phone, we can hold volume+power button to show command line in recovery but I couldn't do like this with my console . On console doesn't have any physical button.

I also send an email to support center on Mad catz website but stil not receive any feedaback.
14th January 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrockie

Thank you for your reply.

But problem is when I'm checking on other console, i could not find place to set password for device.

I search on internet to find how to bypass the lock code at home screen, I tried all but unsuccessful since almost methods required root permission.

Luckily, I still connect and debug device via my computer, I tried reboot into recovery, but it only shows the android robot and yellow triangle then stuck.

If like android phone, we can hold volume+power button to show command line in recovery but I couldn't do like this with my console . On console doesn't have any physical button.

I also send an email to support center on Mad catz website but stil not receive any feedaback.

Were you ever able to figure this our. I have a M.O.J.O. that has the same issue
16th January 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Still not yet. I contacted with Mad catz and seem that I have to return device for inspecting.
16th January 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
Apologies for the inconvenience. :C

As precaution for others, you can setup the Android Device Manager to remotely lock/reset password for your MOJO -- similar to Find my iPhone on Apple devices. However, it will need to be set up while you still have access to the device.

To set up, go to a http://play.google.com while on a PC, and then go to "Settings > Android Device Manager". Ensure the MOJO is connected online, and then locate the device and choose the "Setup Lock & Erase" option. A notification should pop up on the MOJO. Click on it to finish allowing Android Device Manager access to the device.

Once setup, you'll be able to remotely ring, lock, erase, and reset lock screen password as necessary. More info can be found here:

https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3265955?hl=en
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Catz Nate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread