Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Xperia Z Ultra Videos Coming Soon!

OP JackHanAnLG

16th January 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 73

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

I successfully unrooted 532 by simply going into SuperSU and choosing to uninstall through there.

Not sure if the same applies to .290 - but I can't imagine why it wouldn't?

Thats true, I forgot about the SU app letting you un root via it, its pretty cool :P is that really worth a video though? haha

J
16th January 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 26

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHanAnLG

Thats true, I forgot about the SU app letting you un root via it, its pretty cool :P is that really worth a video though? haha

J

I think that's pretty straightforward - unless you get bored and want an additional video to add to the collection. lol.

I've been following the methods posted in the Locked BL rooted 290 thread - just not familiar with flashing to the extent I'd like which is why I was hoping for a video that goes through the process step-by-step from rooting .532, to installing recovery, to all the flashing and ultimately to having a fully working pre-rooted .290 ROM without any boot loops or booting issues.

You could technically start from the downgrading from .290 part if you wanted to make it a complete overview - but I think most people are able to downgrade from .290 to .532 without a problem - the complications arise when trying to go back to a rooted .290
16th January 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 73

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

I think that's pretty straightforward - unless you get bored and want an additional video to add to the collection. lol.

I've been following the methods posted in the Locked BL rooted 290 thread - just not familiar with flashing to the extent I'd like which is why I was hoping for a video that goes through the process step-by-step from rooting .532, to installing recovery, to all the flashing and ultimately to having a fully working pre-rooted .290 ROM without any boot loops or booting issues.

You could technically start from the downgrading from .290 part if you wanted to make it a complete overview - but I think most people are able to downgrade from .290 to .532 without a problem - the complications arise when trying to go back to a rooted .290

I dont see why sony make it so hard. I had a galaxy S3 beforehand, a nexus 4 and even my older LG 2X just plugged into a computer, USB debugging and a piece of software and that was it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread