Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to smarphone, Android, tech-savvy community

Tip us?

ThiagoRFA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb [Q] New to smarphone, Android, tech-savvy community

Hope I'm posting it in the right section.

Well, recently I've bought a S4 I9505 and I'm trying to understand all about it, including terms and features related to the OS and the device itself.
Looks like I've joined a new world and I don't know anything about it. I would like to own my phone, and I found that I could do that by rooting. Since I've noticed it, I've made some researches, but it didn't help me to clarify my mind and I still do have a lot of questions. I've heard about the KNOX and if I root it i could possibly trigger it. I've found some articles regarding how to root it w/o triggering the KNOX, but in most of these articles there are some users saying it didn't work for their phones and it's triggered now. So, the question is, is there anyway of rooting it with no chances of violating the KNOX?
What do you recommend for new smartphone users to know and learn about to become their android devices' master?
Thanks in advance.

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
Read everything twice....and flash once.
The Following User Says Thank You to theunderling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThiagoRFA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Does anybody have an advice? Thanks.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoRFA View Post
Does anybody have an advice? Thanks.
Hmmm.. you have joined by the wrong phone (samsung) in the wrong (KNOX) time.

In the past, Sammy was giving the silent permission to do with the phone what you wanted to. nowadays, we have the Knox (in the recent bootloaders/ROMS incapable to downgrade).

Well, first step would be rooting. BUT, you have the choice between the Knox violation, privacy violation (kingo root) or not to root.
Read all of it. It may take more than one day. Make your choice WISE.

As the old Romans said: "Quidquid agis, prudenter agas and respice finem" what in free translation would be:
Whatever you want to do, do wisely, and face the consequences.

Good luck.