Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why are people buying bad ESN phones?!?!

Tip us?

beufford12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Why are people buying bad ESN phones?!?!

So I realize this is probably a pretty dumb question to ask - but I just don't really know where to find the answer. Being's I own and cell phone store, I do a lot of buying and reselling of used phones. I see on ebay that Bad ESN phones are selling (sometimes) for as much as the good phones. My question is - why? What are people doing with these phones that they are willing to pay so much for something that is bad?

That is all!

thanks!

Whiplashh
Old
Thanks Meter 1,467
Depends on the "good ones". The only reason I see people buying near mint bad esn phones are for parts. Sometimes cheaper than ordering the part itself. Or so they can be flashed to another carrier.

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

Dermen
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Originally I thought people were buying them to flash as most flashing threads say buy a bad ESN phone as they are cheaper and it won't matter since it won't be used on the Sprint network. I found the same thing as you though, the bad ESN phones sell for around the same price as good ESN phones.