[Q] Stripped down SGH-T989 as MP3

Tip us?

bwoodfield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Audio [Q] Stripped down SGH-T989 as MP3

I'm hoping someone can help out.

I picked up a used SGH-T989D (Telus, not T-Mobile) and I'm looking for a ROM that is done up so it can be used strictly as an MP3 player. I've seen plenty of posts about people since I've started working on this but nothing about any particular ROM to look at. Ideally, all radio would be turned off or removed except wireless.

At the moment I have the phone rooted with SuperLite 4.1.2 and running WinAmp to test with. I'm getting a constant problem with the system intermittently locking up for 2-3 seconds. When music is playing all audio stops during that time. Running apps only shows gapps and gservices running.

Does anyone know of a stripped down T989 ROM with battery and audio optimizations?

JNMM
Old
Thanks Meter 81
How about just popping the phone on airplane mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to JNMM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwoodfield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMM View Post
How about just popping the phone on airplane mode

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The problem with Airplane mode is you have manually go into the settings to allow the wireless to come up. Rebooting causes that the wireless to become disabled again. I know minor. The phone isn't going to be used as a phone anymore so I would prefer to have the radio turned off permanently.

abhayy
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodfield View Post
The problem with Airplane mode is you have manually go into the settings to allow the wireless to come up. Rebooting causes that the wireless to become disabled again. I know minor. The phone isn't going to be used as a phone anymore so I would prefer to have the radio turned off permanently.
i believe that the wifi functionality of the phone is connected with the mobile radio.
Devices

[LEFT]Nexus 7 2013 32Gb/LEFT]
Samsung Galaxy SII T989D
Stock JSS15R
Almost anything with touchwiz

bwoodfield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayy View Post
i believe that the wifi functionality of the phone is connected with the mobile radio.
You're correct, after flashing with a light-weight rom I'm able to turn on flightmode with wifi still running.