FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can Asus do this?

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By doublevisionsfc, Junior Member on 17th January 2014, 12:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently contacted Asus warranty to have my n7 Flo serviced due to its touchscreen issues. I asked their representative if my device having been rooted will affect servicing my n7.

He said that the technicians will unroot device and proceed to repair but I would not be able to re-root device in the future. Is that possible? That technicians will do something preventing me from re-rooting when I get my device back?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
17th January 2014, 12:21 AM |#2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 437
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevisionsfc

I recently contacted Asus warranty to have my n7 Flo serviced due to its touchscreen issues. I asked their representative if my device having been rooted will affect servicing my n7.

He said that the technicians will unroot device and proceed to repair but I would not be able to re-root device in the future. Is that possible? That technicians will do something preventing me from re-rooting when I get my device back?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Horse hockey. There is no special bootloader for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LinearEquation Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 12:22 AM |#3  
InfectedSoap's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
No, it's a Nexus device and its software is maintained by Google which means it'll always be open for rooting/unlocking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to InfectedSoap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift InfectedSoap Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 12:23 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
K thats what I figured, thanks!
17th January 2014, 01:06 AM |#5  
oldsoldier2003's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Eldorado
Thanks Meter: 57
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Horse hockey. There is no special bootloader for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yup.
but rather than even talk to the ASUS techs about having a rooted device I would just restore it to stock and lock the bootloader before having it serviced. It only takes a couple minutes and then there is nothing for them to say.
17th January 2014, 02:47 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier2003

yup.
but rather than even talk to the ASUS techs about having a rooted device I would just restore it to stock and lock the bootloader before having it serviced. It only takes a couple minutes and then there is nothing for them to say.

Yeah, i'm def going to do that before sending it in just to avoid any complications.
17th January 2014, 04:20 AM |#7  
sk8trix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hudson county N.J
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
LMAO

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes