Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

issues/improvements of update 4.3

Tip us?

Kee Leong
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Issues I found with the new Android 4.3 / 5.5 Sense on my Butterfly S:

1. LED notification no longer working. Check in settings and it is turned on for all alerts, but no LED notification whatsoever since the upgrade.
2. Cannot share pictures in Gallery. For example, you snap a photo, and then you review it from the icon on the lower right, it brings you to Gallery viewer. From there, on the bottom of the screen, you will see, "Highlight", "Share", "Delete" and "Edit". All those work, except "Share". Previous version worked, but not now.

tropical cactus
Old
(Last edited by tropical cactus; 16th January 2014 at 08:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Leong View Post
Issues I found with the new Android 4.3 / 5.5 Sense on my Butterfly S:

1. LED notification no longer working. Check in settings and it is turned on for all alerts, but no LED notification whatsoever since the upgrade.
2. Cannot share pictures in Gallery. For example, you snap a photo, and then you review it from the icon on the lower right, it brings you to Gallery viewer. From there, on the bottom of the screen, you will see, "Highlight", "Share", "Delete" and "Edit". All those work, except "Share". Previous version worked, but not now.
Just tried out the issues you're having. Led notifications don't work only when charging. Sharing pictures work for me.

Kee Leong
Old
(Last edited by Kee Leong; 16th January 2014 at 04:34 PM.) Reason: add URL
Thanks Meter 2
Digged futher around, and this is what I found with regards to my unable to share from Gallery..

Quote:
Known bugs (this is for the 4.3/sense 5.5 update for non-branded One, version 3.62.401.1)

With Animations turned OFF under Developer options, Share menus and things will simply not work. It affects more than just one thing, so: keep animations ON. So, if you’re affected: Set all Animations to 1 and restart phone (that part is important).
And: a bug isn’t a bug unless you can replicate it on more than one phone, and after a factory reset.

http://droider.eu/2013/10/27/changes...e-for-htc-one/
Dang! Animation is always OFF on mine.

tropical cactus
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Leong View Post
Digged futher around, and this is what I found with regards to my unable to share from Gallery..

Dang! Animation is always OFF on mine.
You can turn it on in developer options in settings.

Kee Leong
Old
Thanks Meter 2
But... But... I hate those animation. I switched it off the first day i had my phone.

I guess ive no choice now.

yan5619
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I seemed to have the phone radio draining my battery...
Before the update, GSam Battery Monitor shows App Usage takes about 40-50% of the battery power, but now, with similar usage, I've got App Usage down to only about 20%, and Phone Radio takes about 60-70%. Most importantly, my battery lasts much shorter than previously. I could easily last ~36 hours before the update, and now I only have about 24-30.