XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ever since my VIC 20

Tip us?

mangurian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Ever since my VIC 20

I have noticed that, for every machine I have owned, there is a community of "users" (people who do actual "stuff" on there computers) and a community of updaters and software collectors who obsess on having the latest even for marginal improvement. There is the third group who does both. I had a friend who would spend thousands of hours downloading pirated games from all over the world for his AMIGA over a 1200 baud modem. He had stacks of disks he could never possibly get to. He did get some satisfaction out of having the stuff. I couldn't understand it. I see the same thing happening with some who await 4.3 or the magical 4.4 update. If/when they get one of those updates, they will immediately start posting threads about 5.0.

I will update when something is available, (almost) bug free, and offers significantly better capability.

You own a great tablet. Enjoy !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangurian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangurian View Post
I have noticed that, for every machine I have owned, there is a community of "users" (people who do actual "stuff" on there computers) and a community of updaters and software collectors who obsess on having the latest even for marginal improvement. There is the third group who does both. I had a friend who would spend thousands of hours downloading pirated games from all over the world for his AMIGA over a 1200 baud modem. He had stacks of disks he could never possibly get to. He did get some satisfaction out of having the stuff. I couldn't understand it. I see the same thing happening with some who await 4.3 or the magical 4.4 update. If/when they get one of those updates, they will immediately start posting threads about 5.0.

I will update when something is available, (almost) bug free, and offers significantly better capability.

Amen to that

Milkman00
Old
Thanks Meter 130
I had a 300 baud modem with my Commodore for a while....

LONG LIVE COMMODORE!!!! <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Milkman00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangurian View Post

Someone who know the feeling reading all the when when when post .Followed buy don't like don't like how can i roll back .
Its a different user base to what XDA started out as now its just a fix my phone make my phone cool forum .

the_game_master
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I still have my Commodore 64 along with box. I wish we at least got Android 4.2 update. Android 4.1 is in my opinion too old.

hottweelz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have an Amiga 500HD .... You're gonna make me go use it! I also have an original Atari 2600 VCS.

My friends think I'm crazy when I ask them to find me an old tube TV

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app
Support online radio. Download the CyberFM Mobile App for Android. Also, feel free to use our FREE File Hosting Service Fileanthropy.com where there's no silly fake download pages. Great for developers, true "File"anthropic Hosting!

mangurian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Not long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottweelz View Post
I have an Amiga 500HD .... You're gonna make me go use it! I also have an original Atari 2600 VCS.

My friends think I'm crazy when I ask them to find me an old tube TV

Not long ago, I sold my 500 with all the goodies (hard drive, add on memory, etc). I loved that machine.

Temetka
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Location: I live on the Planet Earth, Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy.
I can understand what the original poster is saying. I have been using computers for over 20 years and have done that myself. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

kable
Old
Thanks Meter 58
A Commodore 64 and 300 baud downloads . Those were the days. 8)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6806 Android 4.4.2
Sony Smartwatch 2
Samsung Galaxy Gear w/ NULL ROM v23
and
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 zzzzz... still 4.1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to kable For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]