XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fascinate Recovery issues

Tip us?

garcial17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Fascinate Recovery issues

Ive been wanting to put clockwork mod recovery and put cyanogenmod 10.1 for my fascinate, but the issue is i cant download any recoveries using the apps; Rom manager , Goomanager, and Rom installer. Does anyone know why? Could anyone link me so i can put CWM 4 and the cm10.1 zip for me? wanted this rom for so long now i can have it on an old device. Id appreciate it very much.

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcial17 View Post
Ive been wanting to put clockwork mod recovery and put cyanogenmod 10.1 for my fascinate, but the issue is i cant download any recoveries using the apps; Rom manager , Goomanager, and Rom installer. Does anyone know why? Could anyone link me so i can put CWM 4 and the cm10.1 zip for me? wanted this rom for so long now i can have it on an old device. Id appreciate it very much.
all of those have old recoveries that don't work that well anymore... also cm10.1 is a bit old, you may want to try CM11...

also you have to use Odin to get the proper ClockWorkMod on your phone to use cm10.1. odin is a computer program (windows only i think)
you could use heimdall too but i don't use that..

garcial17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
all of those have old recoveries that don't work that well anymore... also cm10.1 is a bit old, you may want to try CM11...

also you have to use Odin to get the proper ClockWorkMod on your phone to use cm10.1. odin is a computer program (windows only i think)
you could use heimdall too but i don't use that..
honestly my windows computer is having major issues and doesnt want to turn on, and i looked at heimdall, but it has like 10 individual steps within the installation. I was considering cm 11, and i thought with the fasciante you can just apply update from the sd, then choose the .zip file where clockwork mod is in.
Mabye thats too old.
Any tutorials or links people or you kind sir can point me in the right direction? Ive literally looked everywhere but all are from 2011 and are outdated.

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 477
in the general section droidstyle guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show... back to Stock

Section 4

If you are not rooted or already have a custom ROM on your phone, you will need to use odin or heimdal.
Fascinate SCH-i500 -- Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel

Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500 -- [Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38014509

SupraLance
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcial17 View Post
i looked at heimdall, but it has like 10 individual steps within the installation.
Graphical interfaces in linux make things way more complicated than they need to be. I can get any Fascinate to rooted stock GB w/a custom recovery in Heimdall with literally 2 cut-n-paste commands in Terminal on my computer in 5 minutes. It can't get any easier.

Sure, there are several steps involved with installing ADB & Heimdall on your computer and downloading and setting up your folders with EH03, the GB boot loaders, & CWM4. But honestly, if you aren't willing to do this first so you have the ability to recover your phone if you brick it, you have no business installing custom roms. 1-click roots and apps like ROM installer just leave people unprepared WHEN things go wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to SupraLance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]