Note II stuck on splash screen

17th January 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
Alright guys, sorry in advance for the wall of text, but here's my situation:

It randomly rebooted in the middle of usage, and got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen (does not get to boot animation). Did a batt pull, same thing. Rebooted into recovery (TWRP), and it asked for a password. Strange, because I've never set a password for my bootloader, nor have I encrypted any of data. Hit cancel on the password prompt, and it took me into normal TWRP options. Went into the Restore option (I had a backup 3 days ago), but all data was blank. Went into Mount to see if my internal storage was being recognized, and there is nothing. 0/0 MB. Connected the phone via USB and went into download mode, fired up Odin, and the phone was recognized! Flashed a stock ROM, rebooted, no change. Stuck at splash screen. Extracted the stock boot IMG tried flashing, no change. Attempted to wipe system / data via recovery, but it failed due to the fact that it is unable to mount ANYTHING (efs, cache, system, cache). Basically, I can get into recovery, but the rest of the phone is unable to be mounted for use in any way. Also, the phone is not recognized by ADB.

A little bit of background info, I was previously running OmniROM, but had not recently made any changes to system files, attempted to change or update ROMS, etc. The phone shut off and put me in this predicament while simply send a text message, nothing out of the ordinary.

Here is a picture of the recovery log, after attempting to boot:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread