FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

DEB/FLO Roms interchangable?

15th January 2014, 10:39 PM |#1  
KingVeto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
May be a dumb question, but can I flash a flo rom on my Deb N7? I've looked and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks guys
 
 
15th January 2014, 11:01 PM |#2  
AidenM's Avatar
Senior Member
Look behind you...
Thanks Meter: 322
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVeto

May be a dumb question, but can I flash a flo rom on my Deb N7? I've looked and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks guys

Short answer: No

Long answer: Most likely the ROM won't boot, and if it flashes a radio it *might* soft-brick
15th January 2014, 11:03 PM |#3  
KingVeto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
WELL. Haha, I guess that's my answer haha. I got spoiled being able to just edit the Updater script or flash a kernel on other devices. Thanks man.
15th January 2014, 11:06 PM |#4  
meekrawb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Katy, TX
Thanks Meter: 993
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVeto

May be a dumb question, but can I flash a flo rom on my Deb N7? I've looked and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks guys

Others have reported that you can flash a flo ROM on a deb. You will not have data access though, so it doesn't make much sense to do that.
As always, YMMV.
15th January 2014, 11:14 PM |#5  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 430
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb

Others have reported that you can flash a flo ROM on a deb. You will not have data access though, so it doesn't make much sense to do that.
As always, YMMV.

This seems to be the situation most of the time. The ROM 's will flash but anything extra on Deb that's not on the Flo will not function is data. Which as stated defeats the purpose of having Deb.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th January 2014, 11:14 PM |#6  
KingVeto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
I'm not really concerned with the data being available, but I'm not familiar enough with the device to chance bricking it by flashing an incompatible ROM...so I guess I'll stick to deb-specific builds for now.
17th January 2014, 06:44 AM |#7  
Sleepy!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVeto

I'm not really concerned with the data being available, but I'm not familiar enough with the device to chance bricking it by flashing an incompatible ROM...so I guess I'll stick to deb-specific builds for now.

It won't boot.
Believe me, I've tried. A lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank