Codename Android KitKat Weekly Builds (4.4.2) [01/06/2014]

Search This thread

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've just installed this and it looks great. But I'm getting unexpected reboots sometimes. It happened just now when I tried to go into the settings menu.

I've had the ROM installed for about an hour and had three reboots. I'll try to post more information as it happens in the future.....

wtfchuck

Jun 6, 2013
I am getting fantastic battery life with this. Over 2 days so far at 26% remaining (hyperion extended battery).

ithorien

Sep 1, 2010
I've just installed this and it looks great. But I'm getting unexpected reboots sometimes. It happened just now when I tried to go into the settings menu.

I've had the ROM installed for about an hour and had three reboots. I'll try to post more information as it happens in the future.....

Same exact thing here. Seems to happen when I get into settings for the second time after reboot. First time works fine.

Last edited:

ewy87

Jun 13, 2012
Yardley
Love the rom! Only major issue I've been experiencing is battery life which is odd because it seems like I'm the only one...I know different phones may run differently on the same rom but mine seems lower than it should be. Right now I'm at 20% from a full charge with only 6 hrs on battery. This was after only mild texting. If I use other things such as camera, twitter, gmaps...etc. I can expect around 2-3 hrs on my battery.

I was hoping someone could suggest a kernel or settings I may have missed that could possibly help? Or could I just have a bad battery? I did a clean flash and am running the kernel that came with the rom. Thanks for any advice!

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Love the rom! Only major issue I've been experiencing is battery life which is odd because it seems like I'm the only one...I know different phones may run differently on the same rom but mine seems lower than it should be. Right now I'm at 20% from a full charge with only 6 hrs on battery. This was after only mild texting. If I use other things such as camera, twitter, gmaps...etc. I can expect around 2-3 hrs on my battery.

I was hoping someone could suggest a kernel or settings I may have missed that could possibly help? Or could I just have a bad battery? I did a clean flash and am running the kernel that came with the rom. Thanks for any advice!

Check out my signature.

Sent from my Android 4.4.2 Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: ewy87

Jodsfk421

Aug 1, 2011
Seattle
Check out my signature.

I've been using your settings on a couple different kernels - What are they optimized for? Speed, battery or a combination of both?
If not for battery, what would you change to make it/them the most battery efficient? I jumped from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and it seems like the battery is mildly worse, I was wondering (hoping) you have "performance" settings listed...

Would the color settings change the battery life?

Last edited:

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
I've been using your settings on a couple different kernels - What are they optimized for? Speed, battery or a combination of both?
If not for battery, what would you change to make it/them the most battery efficient? I jumped from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and it seems like the battery is mildly worse, I was wondering (hoping) you have "performance" settings listed...

I am currently using Mpokang SuperRam Kernel with my settings on LiquidSmooth 3.0 and my battery life is fantastic! My settings are adjusted for an optimal balance of performance and battery life. You can always lower the max cpu frequency for a slight battery bump but I found it's not that substantial.

As for color settings, nope, they won't affect battery. Screen brightness will though. With my color settings I use 50% brightness and the screen still looks great.

I don't want to further derail this thread so if you need anymore help drop by my kernel settings thread here on XDA or my G+ Community, links to both can be found in my signature. ;)

Jodsfk421

Aug 1, 2011
Seattle
I am currently using Mpokang SuperRam Kernel with my settings on LiquidSmooth 3.0 and my battery life is fantastic! My settings are adjusted for an optimal balance of performance and battery life. You can always lower the max cpu frequency for a slight battery bump but I found it's not that substantial.

As for color settings, nope, they won't affect battery. Screen brightness will though. With my color settings I use 50% brightness and the screen still looks great.

I don't want to further derail this thread so if you need anymore help drop by my kernel settings thread here on XDA or my G+ Community, links to both can be found in my signature. ;)

Thank you! Much more detailed response that I was hoping for-

wtfchuck

Jun 6, 2013
Update: I have had a few SwiftKey crashes while using SMS. Unsure if it is a ROM, Kernel, or SwiftKey issue. Still loving the ROM.

ART
Fancy (pre45-2)

unobtainiumdroid

Dec 22, 2012
Minneapolis
Bug: Help needed

Today I had a swim meet for my university and I put my phone in airplane mode to save battery seeing as there was no service in the pool area. After the meet I took it out of airplane mode and now it cannot reconnect to Verizon's network. It always says "searching for service" and doesn't find it(I've left it for 2 hours) I do get wifi connection though. I have rebooted about 3 times, powered off and turned back on 2 times, and also removed battery and SIM card and put it back in and no luck so far. I will probably do a clean re-flash of codename if no one comes up with a better idea towards a fix for this within the next 12 or so hours.

Thanks for your time.

swarlesbarkely

Mar 6, 2013
Moorhead, MN
Today I had a swim meet for my university and I put my phone in airplane mode to save battery seeing as there was no service in the pool area. After the meet I took it out of airplane mode and now it cannot reconnect to Verizon's network. It always says "searching for service" and doesn't find it(I've left it for 2 hours) I do get wifi connection though. I have rebooted about 3 times, powered off and turned back on 2 times, and also removed battery and SIM card and put it back in and no luck so far. I will probably do a clean re-flash of codename if no one comes up with a better idea towards a fix for this within the next 12 or so hours.

Thanks for your time.

Did you go to data options and make sure it's on 4g still? It may have changed itself

elliot2112

Oct 28, 2011
Milwaukee is always home.
Starting to get curious about if this will actually be 'weekly' builds given the fact that the initial release(1-6) is still the current one on the 24th of January.
Hope my curiosity is premature bec so many ppl were pumped about seeing this return, including me.

Tried the latest Gummy? Very smooth and perfect choice of features.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

unobtainiumdroid

Dec 22, 2012
Minneapolis
Reactions: Sheetzie03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FEATURE LIST
    ———
    * Based off of Clean Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
    * File Manager Included (OmniRom)
    * Clear all recents button in recent menu (Paranoid Android)
    * Long Press recents to switch to last app (xplodwild)
    * Screenshot delete action (Paranoid Android)

* Screen Record (Hold up volume and power to start and stop recording (xplodwild)

* Immersive Mode (Option to hide both notification and navigation bar - Paranoid Android)
    - Swipe up from bottom or down from to of screen to show bars when enabled

* HALO (Paranoid Android w/Edit from CNA and Liquid)

*Active Display (Chameleon OS)

* Customizable Power Menu (CyanogenMod)
    - Reboot Menu
    - Screenshot
    - Airplane Mode
    - Silent toggle

* Customizable Status Bar: (CyanogenMod, CNA, Slim, Paranoid Android)
    - Configurable Clock (Enable/Disable Clock, Clock Aligntment-Right or Center, AM/PM Style, Date Style - Slim)
    - Battery Icon style (Stock, Landscape, Circle, Dotted Circe w/ability to enable percentage text - CyanogenMod, Slim, CNA, Paranoid, Android)

* Customizable QuickSettings: (Paranoid Android)
    - Press new edit button on notification shade to configure

* Customizable Notification drawer: (Slim-Phones Only)
    - Custom background
    - Background transparency
    - Notification transparency

* Customizable Keyboard and Input (Slim)
    - fullscreen disable on landscape
    - force autorotation on IME
    - volume button control for navigate in the message (CyanogenMod)
    - force to show always enter key

* Customizable Navigation Ring Targets (CyanogenMod)

* Customizable Lockscreen:
    - Customizable Lockscreen Shortcuts (CyanogenMod)
    - Lockscreen before secure unlock (Danesh M)
    - Option to choose the widget carousel lockscreen
    - Option for battery ring around lock ring (xplodwild)
    - Option to enable/disable the lockscreen camera widget (Slim)

* Customizable Button Settings (CyanogenMod)
    - Volume wake (tap either the up or down volume key to wake your phone from sleep)

* Customizable Sound Settings: (CyanogenMod)
    - Quiet Hours (CyanogenMod - the ability to set when notification sounds, haptic feedback, vibration and notification light will function)
    - Customizable volume panel
    - Customizable charging sound and vibration
    - Added option to disable volume adjustment sound

* Customizable Display Settings: (CyanogenMod)
    - Customizable Rotation Modes
    - Customizable LED Pulse (Duration and Color)
    - Volume music controls (long press volume buttons to skip tracks)
    - Upgraded Font size system

* Customizable Battery Options: (Slim)
    - Customizable Low Battery warning

* Custom Security Options
    - Privacy Guard (Slim)

* Performance Settings: (CyanogenMod)

* Developer Options:
    - Advanced Reboot

[/color]

EXTRA TOOLS
    ———
    * SuperSU
    * Busybox

ScreenShots

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    14.png
    15.png
    17.png
    18.png
    19.png
    20.png
    21.png
    22.png

PRE5.KKSSW2 Changelog

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png

* Lockscreen Notification (Replaces Active Display - In Locscreen Settings - AOSPAL)

* Customizable Navigation Bar (Slim - Interface settings)

* New Quick Tiles (OmniRom, Paranoid Android)
    - Network
    - Sleep
    - Sync
    - Torch

* Mobile Network Battery Saver Mode (Paranoid Android)

* Translucent Lockscreen (Paranoid Android)

* Electron Beam Settings (Slim - Display Settings)

* Double Tap Statusbar to Sleep (CM - Statusbar settings)

* Network Speed Indicator (Slim - Statusbar settings)

* VoicePlus Support (CM)

Nexus 7 2013
    - Increased buffer size for WiFi (Improves performance of WiFiDisplay - cyanogen)

Nexus 7 2012
    - 720p Video recording support (hillbeast)
    - Turn on extra bluetooth LE, GATT, and SMP of Bluetooth stack (manuelnaranjo)
    - Enabled USB OTG support (davet321)
    - Tethering & Portable Hotspot support (eak1080 - temasek)

Nexus 10
    - Turn on extra bluetooth LE, GATT, and SMP of Bluetooth stack (manuelnaranjo)
    - Enabled USB audio support (cyanogen)
    - Updated build fingerprint (codenamedroid)

- Ability to send apks over bluetooth
    - “No recent apps” text color now white (rascarlo)

Codename Android Twitter

ROM Download Link
    Donation Link: Codename Android
    (donations are very appreciated and keep the roms coming :) )

XDA:DevDB Information
    Codename Android, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    codenamedroid, codenamedroid
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: ClockworkMod Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-01-07
    Last Updated 2014-01-06
    I have now had 2 random freeze ups that required battery pulls. Was using askp grande kernel. Have switched to fancy to see if that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Thank You Based God. This looks nice, I'll flash in a minute.
    Download link broken and where do I get gapps from?
    Good riddance to CNA and its creator. Better off without it.