FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

rom suggestion guyzzz

Thanks Meter: 117
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th January 2014, 07:22 PM |#11  
erdal67's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Cm 10 is really stable
 
 
15th January 2014, 12:12 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
ViperS 3.1.4: very good Sense JB ROM with tweaks and so on. I got only a little bug with headphones. If you use headphones without mic, and so need to talk into the phone's mic, then sometimes you are not able to send your speech...you receive very well, but you're not able to talk.(Before someone asks, I use very high quality headphones but unfortunately they are without mic. Listening a lot of music by my mobile during the day, this to talk into the phone's mic is the only way to continue my habits.)

Elegancia: very good Sense ICS ROM with some tweaks (less than ViperS). No bugs found by me, good battery life, but glitches with Maps 7.0, due to hacks in adreno libs. You must downgrade app to Maps 6 (anyway, link is provided in the thread).

CM 10.1 & 10.2 (albinoman, a1-7, etc.): no-Sense ROM, good performance, a lot of available modifications and personalizations, but camera quality is not as Sense ROM, no way to obtain same quality. In some cases, camera app FC, and that's could be a very annoying thing when you want to capture that exact moment!

Actually I use ViperS 5, a Sense 5 JB ROM. No bugs (neither the one with the headphones), good quality pictures, no tweaks (at least, for the moment). IMHO Sense 5 is not so great because of a sort of "relaxing" in design (someone likes that, mine is only an opinion), but this ROM is the one able to give me what I desire at the moment, even if not at all. I'm waiting for a stable CM11 (albinoman's, dominos', a1-7's, no matter whose) with a no bug camera: I tried some version: speed is terrific (it seems like to have a brand 2014 new phone in your hand), and available tweaks/personalizations will be enough to let me forgive the bad quality of the camera.

Everything I wrote, obviously, is from my experience, so someone could be not agree with me.
16th January 2014, 09:20 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Which cm11 to choose
Hi - Which CM11 version do you recommend guys? I saw that there are two which are frequently updated:
- [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [KANG] [Jan-15]
- [ROM][Android 4.4.2][Camera works] CM11 with ION [Jan 9, 2014]

I am going to install it to one of my friends phone who is not going to tinker it so I would like to install the better one. Currently he has cm10.1 on it from albinoman, which runs fast but it frequently has bugs during calls so that one needs to be replaced by a better room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbc

ViperS 3.1.4: very good Sense JB ROM with tweaks and so on. I got only a little bug with headphones. If you use headphones without mic, and so need to talk into the phone's mic, then sometimes you are not able to send your speech...you receive very well, but you're not able to talk.(Before someone asks, I use very high quality headphones but unfortunately they are without mic. Listening a lot of music by my mobile during the day, this to talk into the phone's mic is the only way to continue my habits.)

Elegancia: very good Sense ICS ROM with some tweaks (less than ViperS). No bugs found by me, good battery life, but glitches with Maps 7.0, due to hacks in adreno libs. You must downgrade app to Maps 6 (anyway, link is provided in the thread).

CM 10.1 & 10.2 (albinoman, a1-7, etc.): no-Sense ROM, good performance, a lot of available modifications and personalizations, but camera quality is not as Sense ROM, no way to obtain same quality. In some cases, camera app FC, and that's could be a very annoying thing when you want to capture that exact moment!

Actually I use ViperS 5, a Sense 5 JB ROM. No bugs (neither the one with the headphones), good quality pictures, no tweaks (at least, for the moment). IMHO Sense 5 is not so great because of a sort of "relaxing" in design (someone likes that, mine is only an opinion), but this ROM is the one able to give me what I desire at the moment, even if not at all. I'm waiting for a stable CM11 (albinoman's, dominos', a1-7's, no matter whose) with a no bug camera: I tried some version: speed is terrific (it seems like to have a brand 2014 new phone in your hand), and available tweaks/personalizations will be enough to let me forgive the bad quality of the camera.

Everything I wrote, obviously, is from my experience, so someone could be not agree with me.

16th January 2014, 11:02 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad.droid

Hi - Which CM11 version do you recommend guys? I saw that there are two which are frequently updated:
- [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat [KANG] [Jan-15]
- [ROM][Android 4.4.2][Camera works] CM11 with ION [Jan 9, 2014]

I am going to install it to one of my friends phone who is not going to tinker it so I would like to install the better one. Currently he has cm10.1 on it from albinoman, which runs fast but it frequently has bugs during calls so that one needs to be replaced by a better room.


IMHO don't install CM11 ROMs, then... They are not completely stable (camera doesn't work properly, and there are some bugs to be fixed).

Try a CM10.2 from albinoman or from a1-7 (sense-less), or a ViperS5 (Sense 5). No or few bugs at all, stability and speed... CM11 has to be improved a little to be considered a good daily driver.
16th January 2014, 12:54 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the tip. I will go for cm10.2 then. Android1-7's rom seems to be updated more frequtently so I chose that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdbc

IMHO don't install CM11 ROMs, then... They are not completely stable (camera doesn't work properly, and there are some bugs to be fixed).

Try a CM10.2 from albinoman or from a1-7 (sense-less), or a ViperS5 (Sense 5). No or few bugs at all, stability and speed... CM11 has to be improved a little to be considered a good daily driver.

17th January 2014, 06:52 AM |#16  
KidCarter93's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,992
 
10
More
As I always say when I address these kind of threads, your best option is always to test the ROMs for yourself and decide based on your findings.
This is always the most ideal option because only you will know what you truly want out of a ROM and everyone is simply giving opinions, which honestly have no impact on what you choose anyway.
What's ideal for you may be complete rubbish for someone else + there could be an amazing ROM which you miss out on due to the fact that no one suggested it.

As these threads generally lead to fanboy arguments, however, these kind of threads are against the rules.
Therefore, Thread Closed.

Regards,
- KidCarter93
Forum Moderator
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes