5,597,647 Members 32,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help. Need stock 4.3 ROM, Ran One Click Root and encountered firmware not supported

Tip us?

hmoobguy
Old
(Last edited by hmoobguy; 21st December 2013 at 04:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Service Help. Need stock 4.3 ROM, Ran One Click Root and encountered firmware not supported

Hello, I updated my device to 4.3 yesterday, today I ran the "NoYouVerizon-GalaxyNote2-CASUAL R515" but I got a firmware not supported. I rebooted my phone and now its showing the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue, please select recovery mode in Kies & Try again."

I tried Odin back to the previous 4.1.1(Section 1b: How to return to stock 4.1.X Jelly Bean coming from any rom with Odin) but it fails as well. It says firmware unsupported on the phone.

Does anyone (devs or others) have the firmware and stock 4.3 ROM i can flash so I can get my phone up and running again?

Thanks.

nikhil.kdhand
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You can put the phone in download mode and recover your phone through verizon update assistant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Chat: nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikhil.kdhand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hmoobguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.kdhand View Post
You can put the phone in download mode and recover your phone through verizon update assistant

where can i get that software? I didn't install it prior to this. Thanks.

hmoobguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:

that worked! Thanks. I had to use my sisters GS3 to install the verizon update software. went to download mode and select repair device.

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoobguy View Post
that worked! Thanks. I had to use my sisters GS3 to install the verizon update software. went to download mode and select repair device.
You probably already know this, but if your bootloader is locked if you updated (and probably because you repaired) via VZW's update software (OTA). Attempts to flash an alternate recovery will trip the KNOX counter. You can achieve root, though there are some security concerns about Kingo (XDA doesn't allow it on the forums - reason enough to do your research first).

hmoobguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerslayer View Post
You probably already know this, but if your bootloader is locked if you updated (and probably because you repaired) via VZW's update software (OTA). Attempts to flash an alternate recovery will trip the KNOX counter. You can achieve root, though there are some security concerns about Kingo (XDA doesn't allow it on the forums - reason enough to do your research first).
The Knox counter shows 0 in download mode. I noticed that was a new thing. Its restored back to factory so I won't be touching it until a exploit for 4.3 has been fully tested.

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoobguy View Post
The Knox counter shows 0 in download mode. I noticed that was a new thing. Its restored back to factory so I won't be touching it until a exploit for 4.3 has been fully tested.
That's the safe bet. I'm afraid I tripped the counter myself. Here's hoping there's an exploit to be found an developers willing to search for it.

sardolik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

How long does it take? Is it gonna be automatically? I got to the download mode and it says "DOWNLOADING do not turn of target!!"