Ask a question

No registration required

blackscreen while installing synergy rom

OP 99dandan99

17th January 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So i was trying to install synergy rom (this one)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792499

So I rebooted into TWRP recovery, backed up, factory reset thrice, and went to flash it. As it was flashing, the installer popped up, and i followed the directions. I chose the middle one (medium amount of bloat) because they said that it was recommended, and I wasn't exactly sure what the three options were.
Anyways, after waiting for awhile on the loading bar, it eventually rebooted, and I assumed it was working (i hadn't been staring at my phone for the 5 minutes, so im not sure if anything popped up on the screen)
So when it started to reboot, it flashed by with the Galaxy SIII screen with Cid underneath it (i had been running cm10 before this) which i thought was a bit weird, but I figured i would let it go and see what happened

So then the screen turned completely black and just sat there. I waited for a good 10 minutes, and with nothing happening I decided to pull the battery and restore back to cm.
Now I decided that I might as well try again with CWM, to see if the issue was with TWRP.
I went through the same rom installation process and the same exact thing happened.

As it is, I'm going to keep using Cm until i can figure this out.

żAny suggestions? Thanks in advance.
17th January 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 289

2,384 posts
More
Synergy is a TW base Rom right?
CM is a AOSP base ..that might be conflicting the flash ..did u try formating Ur internal memory
17th January 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,628

5,449 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dandan99

So i was trying to install synergy rom (this one)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792499

So I rebooted into TWRP recovery, backed up, factory reset thrice, and went to flash it. As it was flashing, the installer popped up, and i followed the directions. I chose the middle one (medium amount of bloat) because they said that it was recommended, and I wasn't exactly sure what the three options were.
Anyways, after waiting for awhile on the loading bar, it eventually rebooted, and I assumed it was working (i hadn't been staring at my phone for the 5 minutes, so im not sure if anything popped up on the screen)
So when it started to reboot, it flashed by with the Galaxy SIII screen with Cid underneath it (i had been running cm10 before this) which i thought was a bit weird, but I figured i would let it go and see what happened

So then the screen turned completely black and just sat there. I waited for a good 10 minutes, and with nothing happening I decided to pull the battery and restore back to cm.
Now I decided that I might as well try again with CWM, to see if the issue was with TWRP.
I went through the same rom installation process and the same exact thing happened.

As it is, I'm going to keep using Cm until i can figure this out.

żAny suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Try wipe cache/dalvik cache/data/system then reflash.
17th January 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Synergy is a TW base Rom right?
CM is a AOSP base ..that might be conflicting the flash ..did u try formating Ur internal memory

How does one go about that? I dont remember having to do that the first time i flashed from stock to cm (although that was a long time back )

And I did that when i first flashed it both with TWRP and CWM.
17th January 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 289

2,384 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dandan99

How does one go about that? I dont remember having to do that the first time i flashed from stock to cm (although that was a long time back )

And I did that when i first flashed it both with TWRP and CWM.

im not familiar with CWM but on TWRP
FIRST back up ur internal memory on your pc or micro sd card the stuff u want save ..pics vids etc
wen u go into TWRP recovery
-click WIPE
-swipe to the right for FACTORY RESET
-after done press back
-click FORMAT DATA
-messege pops up says are you sure u wanna do it it will erase EVERYTHING on your internal memory .(remember if u save what u wanted ) type YES and your done ..
-flash rom and gapps
-boot ..first boot always takes a while
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread