XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wedged SCH-I535

Tip us?

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskool View Post
I've got my phone bugging to update but I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose root. if I understand this right I can update and then re root with that download? or is there another method?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The only working root method is currently saferoot if you take the OTA. Personally I wouldn't take it. I'd suggest keeping your unlocked bootloader in tact and running a custom 4.3 rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked Sensations
SGT2 7.0 - PAC Man ROM

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskool View Post
I've got my phone bugging to update but I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose root. if I understand this right I can update and then re root with that download? or is there another method?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You van root 4.3 after ota or that link, but if I was you I would try to use the ota first. If it works you will keep all installed apps and settings (but it might be buggy). If you follow that link you will loose current setup, apps and it will format internal sd (but it will be clean and hopefully bug free ). Make sure you are home with access to a pc before you try ota. If you changed to much of the workings of your phone the ota may not work or could even brick you. In that case you will need to use that link.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue View Post
The only working root method is currently saferoot if you take the OTA. Personally I wouldn't take it. I'd suggest keeping your unlocked bootloader in tact and running a custom 4.3 rom.

Honestly I'm glad I took the ota on accident. The past few weeks my phone has worked without a hitch. Some people just do not need custom ROMs and I think I am one of them. I'm pretty sure everyone who complains about how 4.3 is buggy and a battery hog just needs to use Odin to get a clean fresh start. I am disappointed that I can't install cyanogen when I turn this into my mp3 player after I get a new phone but its not like tw is bad. It just has a few annoying things that I can change with root access.

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Off topic
I dnt hate tw ..I think is a good Rom in general .all that bloatware what got me to root and then lead to custom roms .like mention not everyone needs cuztom things.I do agree that a clean install of TW runs great .but I like options .and to each there own
AWESOME POSSOM

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
You van root 4.3 after ota or that link, but if I was you I would try to use the ota first. If it works you will keep all installed apps and settings (but it might be buggy). If you follow that link you will loose current setup, apps and it will format internal sd (but it will be clean and hopefully bug free ). Make sure you are home with access to a pc before you try ota. If you changed to much of the workings of your phone the ota may not work or could even brick you. In that case you will need to use that link.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Honestly I'm glad I took the ota on accident. The past few weeks my phone has worked without a hitch. Some people just do not need custom ROMs and I think I am one of them. I'm pretty sure everyone who complains about how 4.3 is buggy and a battery hog just needs to use Odin to get a clean fresh start. I am disappointed that I can't install cyanogen when I turn this into my mp3 player after I get a new phone but its not like tw is bad. It just has a few annoying things that I can change with root access.
That's good. I've seen the OTA in action as my girl has it on her phone and she's complained about it every day since she took it. I've running wicked sensations 4.3 and it runs like a champ.

SGT2 7.0 - PAC Man ROM

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
That's good. I've seen the OTA in action as my girl has it on her phone and she's complained about it every day since she took it. I've running wicked sensations 4.3 and it runs like a champ.

OK I just installed safestrap and I kid you not the theme of wicked sensation made me swap back to my stock slot immediately. I'll use it all day tomorrow and tell you what differences I notice. Right off the bat it just looks like a ROM made from a recovery backup and customized with xposed. I can't wait for beans to make a 4.3 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
OK I just installed safestrap and I kid you not the theme of wicked sensation made me swap back to my stock slot immediately. I'll use it all day tomorrow and tell you what differences I notice. Right off the bat it just looks like a ROM made from a recovery backup and customized with xposed. I can't wait for beans to make a 4.3 rom.
Haha that's funny, better you than me try!!

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Seriously? They put a ton of work into theme on this rom. I've seen 4.3 stock and I'm not impressed. It's boring and pretty basic. Wicked is an awesome rom. I've run just about all of them. Beans rom isn't bad at all but I seemed to have a ton of issues with it

SGT2 7.0 - PAC Man ROM

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Seriously? They put a ton of work into theme on this rom. I've seen 4.3 stock and I'm not impressed. It's boring and pretty basic. Wicked is an awesome rom. I've run just about all of them. Beans rom isn't bad at all but I seemed to have a ton of issues with it

I like it, but it certainly doesn't have quite the same cleanliness as a good AOSP theme. It's all personal preference.

At least we know safestrap is working consistently.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]