Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more
Post Reply

[Q] Wedged SCH-I535

OP gs3-learning

16th January 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #11  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 752
 
3,783 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskool

I've got my phone bugging to update but I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose root. if I understand this right I can update and then re root with that download? or is there another method?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The only working root method is currently saferoot if you take the OTA. Personally I wouldn't take it. I'd suggest keeping your unlocked bootloader in tact and running a custom 4.3 rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
16th January 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 532
 
911 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskool

I've got my phone bugging to update but I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose root. if I understand this right I can update and then re root with that download? or is there another method?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You van root 4.3 after ota or that link, but if I was you I would try to use the ota first. If it works you will keep all installed apps and settings (but it might be buggy). If you follow that link you will loose current setup, apps and it will format internal sd (but it will be clean and hopefully bug free ). Make sure you are home with access to a pc before you try ota. If you changed to much of the workings of your phone the ota may not work or could even brick you. In that case you will need to use that link.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

The only working root method is currently saferoot if you take the OTA. Personally I wouldn't take it. I'd suggest keeping your unlocked bootloader in tact and running a custom 4.3 rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Honestly I'm glad I took the ota on accident. The past few weeks my phone has worked without a hitch. Some people just do not need custom ROMs and I think I am one of them. I'm pretty sure everyone who complains about how 4.3 is buggy and a battery hog just needs to use Odin to get a clean fresh start. I am disappointed that I can't install cyanogen when I turn this into my mp3 player after I get a new phone but its not like tw is bad. It just has a few annoying things that I can change with root access.
16th January 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #13  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 240
 
2,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Off topic
I dnt hate tw ..I think is a good Rom in general .all that bloatware what got me to root and then lead to custom roms .like mention not everyone needs cuztom things.I do agree that a clean install of TW runs great .but I like options .and to each there own
16th January 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #14  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 752
 
3,783 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

You van root 4.3 after ota or that link, but if I was you I would try to use the ota first. If it works you will keep all installed apps and settings (but it might be buggy). If you follow that link you will loose current setup, apps and it will format internal sd (but it will be clean and hopefully bug free ). Make sure you are home with access to a pc before you try ota. If you changed to much of the workings of your phone the ota may not work or could even brick you. In that case you will need to use that link.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------



Honestly I'm glad I took the ota on accident. The past few weeks my phone has worked without a hitch. Some people just do not need custom ROMs and I think I am one of them. I'm pretty sure everyone who complains about how 4.3 is buggy and a battery hog just needs to use Odin to get a clean fresh start. I am disappointed that I can't install cyanogen when I turn this into my mp3 player after I get a new phone but its not like tw is bad. It just has a few annoying things that I can change with root access.

That's good. I've seen the OTA in action as my girl has it on her phone and she's complained about it every day since she took it. I've running wicked sensations 4.3 and it runs like a champ.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
17th January 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 532
 
911 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

That's good. I've seen the OTA in action as my girl has it on her phone and she's complained about it every day since she took it. I've running wicked sensations 4.3 and it runs like a champ.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OK I just installed safestrap and I kid you not the theme of wicked sensation made me swap back to my stock slot immediately. I'll use it all day tomorrow and tell you what differences I notice. Right off the bat it just looks like a ROM made from a recovery backup and customized with xposed. I can't wait for beans to make a 4.3 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #16  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,552
 
5,260 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

OK I just installed safestrap and I kid you not the theme of wicked sensation made me swap back to my stock slot immediately. I'll use it all day tomorrow and tell you what differences I notice. Right off the bat it just looks like a ROM made from a recovery backup and customized with xposed. I can't wait for beans to make a 4.3 rom.

Haha that's funny, better you than me try!!
17th January 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #17  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 752
 
3,783 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

OK I just installed safestrap and I kid you not the theme of wicked sensation made me swap back to my stock slot immediately. I'll use it all day tomorrow and tell you what differences I notice. Right off the bat it just looks like a ROM made from a recovery backup and customized with xposed. I can't wait for beans to make a 4.3 rom.

Seriously? They put a ton of work into theme on this rom. I've seen 4.3 stock and I'm not impressed. It's boring and pretty basic. Wicked is an awesome rom. I've run just about all of them. Beans rom isn't bad at all but I seemed to have a ton of issues with it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
17th January 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #18  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 764
 
1,518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Seriously? They put a ton of work into theme on this rom. I've seen 4.3 stock and I'm not impressed. It's boring and pretty basic. Wicked is an awesome rom. I've run just about all of them. Beans rom isn't bad at all but I seemed to have a ton of issues with it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I like it, but it certainly doesn't have quite the same cleanliness as a good AOSP theme. It's all personal preference.

At least we know safestrap is working consistently.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank