XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Inconsistent signal dropouts and issues

Tip us?

Jimzoaar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Inconsistent signal dropouts and issues

I am certain I am having issues with my phones basic connectivity, i.e messaging/phonecalls etc. Is there any constant ping almost I can do to test my connection in various places?

I am not bothered about speed, I can test my 3G speed etc, I basically would ideally want an app that constantly pings the server (or something similar) and advises when messages/phonecalls could not be sent/made and when they could?

Thanks in advance.

cr1960
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar View Post
I am certain I am having issues with my phones basic connectivity, i.e messaging/phonecalls etc. Is there any constant ping almost I can do to test my connection in various places?

I am not bothered about speed, I can test my 3G speed etc, I basically would ideally want an app that constantly pings the server (or something similar) and advises when messages/phonecalls could not be sent/made and when they could?

Thanks in advance.
ping will only help with data - voice/messaging doesn't have a server that you can ping.
this might help? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ll.connmonitor

I've never used it so don't know if it's any good.

HTC M7 (One)
ROM: Renovate
The Following User Says Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimzoaar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960 View Post
ping will only help with data - voice/messaging doesn't have a server that you can ping.
this might help? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ll.connmonitor

I've never used it so don't know if it's any good.
Thanks for the advice, got it running now and I hate to be a full blown noob, but what do I do with it?

It has a constant connection log and such but I dont know what is trying to send a text etc?

Cheers

cr1960
Old
(Last edited by cr1960; 17th January 2014 at 11:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar View Post
Thanks for the advice, got it running now and I hate to be a full blown noob, but what do I do with it?

It has a constant connection log and such but I dont know what is trying to send a text etc?

Cheers
Let me install it and see if I can work it out....

*edit* OK, that was easy. On the second tab there's a start box. Looks like it runs for 24 hours and will record all of your app connections to data. Nothing for voice and messages. Probably won't help you much unless you have an app that get's updates every 5 minutes.

What makes you think you have a connection problem anyway?

HTC M7 (One)
ROM: Renovate