Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more

OnePlus DR-1 Quadcopter Drone Available for Purchase

OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a … more

KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] i need help

16th January 2014, 12:32 PM |#11  
landshark68's Avatar
Senior Member
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 603
 
1,066 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicv78

mean we cant downgrade to 4.1?? i have the 4.3 already n i root the phone,, but i need 4.1 that is impossible??

Yep, if you took the 4.3 OTA it is impossible right now to downgrade to any version.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 10:03 PM |#12  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,636
 
5,460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicv78

mean we cant downgrade to 4.1?? i have the 4.3 already n i root the phone,, but i need 4.1 that is impossible??

Yes, you stuck with 4.3 for now. We do have something called safestrap to work around 4.3 bootloader locked, but I'm not recommend to nooby cause it's not yet stable.
17th January 2014, 01:05 AM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
I need help too.
Just like OP I didn't know that 4.3's bootloader was not un-lockable yet.
Here's how I bricked my phone and what I've tried so far.

ROM: 4.3 Verizon (Stock)
Rooted with SafeRoot
CWM Recovery was installed.
I used EZ Unlock and it reported Success to unlocking the bootloader.

To fix it I've tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166
I don't have a class 10 card yet to try.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is there no built in way to recover it without a hardware JTAG?
I'm trying to figure out if I can fix this with software without going to my carrier or sending it to someone for $100+.
17th January 2014, 08:24 AM |#14  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 845
 
1,634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackelope

Just like OP I didn't know that 4.3's bootloader was not un-lockable yet.
Here's how I bricked my phone and what I've tried so far.

ROM: 4.3 Verizon (Stock)
Rooted with SafeRoot
CWM Recovery was installed.
I used EZ Unlock and it reported Success to unlocking the bootloader.

To fix it I've tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166
I don't have a class 10 card yet to try.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is there no built in way to recover it without a hardware JTAG?
I'm trying to figure out if I can fix this with software without going to my carrier or sending it to someone for $100+.

That's the only method to use. Or jtag service. You should be able to get it working with the posted method of you're diligent enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
17th January 2014, 12:25 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

That's the only method to use. Or jtag service. You should be able to get it working with the posted method of you're diligent enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Diligent enough? So have you had to recreate the SD card multiple times to get it to work?
Luckily my last phone the LG Thrill 4G was able to use a piece of software to unbrick it. Even when the phone
was only showing up as an OMAP device similar to how this is showing up as HSUSB

FIXED:
The link I posted earlier worked. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166
Last edited by Jackelope; 18th January 2014 at 05:43 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes