XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

question about hard brick

Tip us?

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default question about hard brick

hi i got this kindle off my friend i think its hard bricked not sure what he done, what happend is power light comes on and kindle fire logo then powers off, windows see's nothing. kindle fire logo seems to be yellow. so assuming its not rooted. just would like to know what type of brick this is and how to ge out of it if possible

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 17th January 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Doesn't sound hard bricked, I would hook it up to a fastboot cable to see if it will enter fastboot mode, though the bootloader seems to be acting odd(unless it's a low battery but I think it would flash a low battery symbol on the screen instead of kindle fire).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Doesn't sound hard bricked, I would hook it up to a fastboot cable to see if it will enter fastboot mode, though the bootloader seems to be acting odd(unless it's a low battery but I think it would flash a low battery symbol on the screen instead of kindle fire).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
yeah it has power as it will do the same when unplugged. So to make a fast boot cable solder 1 to four is that right?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Yes that's pretty much all there is to it, though the cable has to kinda have the contact point for what I think is pin 4, because its not usually used so not all cables have a contact point for it on the little PCB.

My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah just popped one open and has four so red to white? Also could you direct me to the thread to what to do once I have created one

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ok done cable plugged in still doing same thing???

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
That's not what pin 4 is, pin 4 has no wire coming from it, there's a guide that tells about this around here somewhere, look in this thread for a link at Q20. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228539

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ok sorry i have the usb cable it has 4 wires red and green on one side black and white on the other, i have read many of these instructions cant get my head round them

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ok on the back there are two pins that go in with numbers 2 and 4. on the front there are 3 pins one with the number 1

bandit250
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
sweet found it thanks for your help device is in fast boot with like traffic lights