question about hard brick

Search This thread

bandit250

Oct 7, 2008
hi i got this kindle off my friend i think its hard bricked not sure what he done, what happend is power light comes on and kindle fire logo then powers off, windows see's nothing. kindle fire logo seems to be yellow. so assuming its not rooted. just would like to know what type of brick this is and how to ge out of it if possible

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Doesn't sound hard bricked, I would hook it up to a fastboot cable to see if it will enter fastboot mode, though the bootloader seems to be acting odd(unless it's a low battery but I think it would flash a low battery symbol on the screen instead of kindle fire).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Last edited:

bandit250

Oct 7, 2008
Doesn't sound hard bricked, I would hook it up to a fastboot cable to see if it will enter fastboot mode, though the bootloader seems to be acting odd(unless it's a low battery but I think it would flash a low battery symbol on the screen instead of kindle fire).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

yeah it has power as it will do the same when unplugged. So to make a fast boot cable solder 1 to four is that right?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Yes that's pretty much all there is to it, though the cable has to kinda have the contact point for what I think is pin 4, because its not usually used so not all cables have a contact point for it on the little PCB.

bandit250

Oct 7, 2008
Yeah just popped one open and has four so red to white? Also could you direct me to the thread to what to do once I have created one

bandit250

Oct 7, 2008
ok sorry i have the usb cable it has 4 wires red and green on one side black and white on the other, i have read many of these instructions cant get my head round them

bandit250

Oct 7, 2008
ok on the back there are two pins that go in with numbers 2 and 4. on the front there are 3 pins one with the number 1