Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGS2 SGH-S959G Touch Key Light Problems

Tip us?
 
cidlover
Old
(Last edited by cidlover; 13th January 2014 at 05:35 AM.) Reason: update
#1  
cidlover's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 88
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Parkersburg
Unhappy [Q] SGS2 SGH-S959G Touch Key Light Problems

I got a touch key light problem on my S959G

Alright they worked in all Jelly Bean and Kit Kat Roms before but now they just dont light on certain conditions.

On RenderBroken's Unoffical CM 11 Android 4.4.2, they dont light up at all even after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

On cyril279's OmiROM Android 4.4.2, they do light up after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

The OmiROM is the only time i see them light up, not during CWM Recoovery or cold booting up there dark on Both Roms til OmniROM and the mini fix i do

Is it a Recovery issue or a Kernel issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Update: just came from CM11 Android 4.4.2 to OmniROM and the keys lit up only during setup. not when the phone is flashed with CM11.
 
cyril279
Old
(Last edited by cyril279; 13th January 2014 at 08:16 PM.)
#2  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1075
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jun 2013
Using RenderBroken's kernel allows you to choose your desired key-illumination preferences via STweaks (BLN).

Edit: RenderBroken's CM11 comes packaged with his own kernel, so whatever 4.4.2 firmware you choose, all you need to do is open stweaks, go to the BLN tab, and UCHECK "force disable touchkeys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidlover View Post
I got a touch key light problem on my S959G

Alright they worked in all Jelly Bean and Kit Kat Roms before but now they just dont light on certain conditions.

On RenderBroken's Unoffical CM 11 Android 4.4.2, they dont light up at all even after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

On cyril279's OmiROM Android 4.4.2, they do light up after going to Settings > Display > Brightness > Tapping the Gear and Going to Adjust and messing with the settings there

The OmiROM is the only time i see them light up, not during CWM Recoovery or cold booting up there dark on Both Roms til OmniROM and the mini fix i do

Is it a Recovery issue or a Kernel issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Update: just came from CM11 Android 4.4.2 to OmniROM and the keys lit up only during setup. not when the phone is flashed with CM11.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cidlover
Old
#3  
cidlover's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 88
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Parkersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279 View Post
Using RenderBroken's kernel allows you to choose your desired key-illumination preferences via STweaks (BLN).

Edit: RenderBroken's CM11 comes packaged with his own kernel, so whatever 4.4.2 firmware you choose, all you need to do is open stweaks, go to the BLN tab, and UCHECK "force disable touchkeys"
Well right now, I'm using your rom

Omni Android 4.4.2 with Xposed Framework
4.4.2-20140112-i777-NIGHTLY

and my touch key lights are working, BTW I love the ROM you built
 
cyril279
Old
#4  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1075
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jun 2013
I love the ROM too, but it isn't mine at all -not even a little bit. I'm just a messenger. @Entropy512 is to be credited with the bringup on the i777, and there's an entire team responsible for the brilliance that is OMNI.

If you want better control over the behavior of the key-ilumination, then flash RenderBroken's kernel, and refer to my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidlover View Post
Well right now, I'm using your rom

Omni Android 4.4.2 with Xposed Framework
4.4.2-20140112-i777-NIGHTLY

and my touch key lights are working, BTW I love the ROM you built
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cidlover
Old
#5  
cidlover's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 88
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Parkersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279 View Post
I love the ROM too, but it isn't mine at all -not even a little bit. I'm just a messenger. @Entropy512 is to be credited with the bringup on the i777, and there's an entire team responsible for the brilliance that is OMNI.

If you want better control over the behavior of the key-ilumination, then flash RenderBroken's kernel, and refer to my original post.
Alright I found out its the ROM Builds because when I flashed the Build 6 WiFi fixed, my touch keys lit up at setup so I'm still on your build/port of OmniROM.

Thank you
 
cyril279
Old
#6  
cyril279's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1075
Posts: 526
Join Date: Jun 2013
Your reference to "build 6 WiFi fixed" suggests that you flashed RenderBroken's Firmware.

I'm saying that if you want better control of your touch-keys, flash RenderBroken's KERNEL, and use STweaks to control the touch-key behavior.

-Cyril

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidlover View Post
Alright I found out its the ROM Builds because when I flashed the Build 6 WiFi fixed, my touch keys lit up at setup so I'm still on your build/port of OmniROM.

Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes