Originally Posted by Sinotek
So I tried flashing a stock Poland 4.2.2 ROM and when I tried to flash it with Odin I got the invalid Ext4 firmware error... I tried flashing like 6 different roms and none of them work... I keep getting either that or some other weird fused 3 > BInary 2 message...
I have no idea what to do... Is it fixable? I can't get to recovery. Only download mode.
PS: i searched for an answer here and found someone with a similar problem. He just flashed a ROM and it worked for him. I tried to do the same, and no luck...
This is the ONLY solution to this issue at this point. Read the instructions carefully, and follow to the dot.
Worked for me on a Hong Kong 16GB N9005 which was stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' screen after getting a 'Invalid: ext4 image' and 'Repartioning failed' errors while installing 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (Single File ROM) via Odin.
In Odin mode
1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 126.96.36.199 (the one that supports KitKat) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487425
I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.
1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
4. Install Rom from SD Card
Please click the THANKS button if this helped you!