Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastboot not recognizing phone after HBOOT downgrade

Tip us?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
It initially wasn't working thru adb. So I just decided 2 boot the phone after that. The phone is booting fine. So this is what I plan to do :
1) Copy the boot loader zip to internal storage
2) Boot CWM
3) Flash the zip
4) Lock the Boot loader and remove tampered
5) Run RUU when the phone is in fastboot

Is this the correct procedure ?
yep, sounds good.

STAY S-OFF
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghav kapur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
yep, sounds good.

STAY S-OFF
REALLY THANKS A LOOT. I really don't know how to thank you enough. My phone is back to normal
One last question: HTC UAE has told me that the phone has to be S-ON to be repaired for free. So simply running that command provided in the guide will get it S-ON right ?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
REALLY THANKS A LOOT. I really don't know how to thank you enough. My phone is back to normal
One last question: HTC UAE has told me that the phone has to be S-ON to be repaired for free. So simply running that command provided in the guide will get it S-ON right ?
yes as mentioned in the guide, however you have to do this before updating to 3.xx because hboot 1.55 is patched for that (as mentioned in the guide)

so if you're just sending to repair, and think it's necessary go ahead with s-on. after that you can take OTA updates... then again why bother, i'm sure they'll update it in the repair center.