Fastboot cable

OP suprkain

16th January 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Butler
Thanks Meter: 29

214 posts
More
A friend of mine has a kindle fire hd 8.9 which he wants me to root and put a custom rom on. The problem is he doesn't have the fastboot cable anymore. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't screw up his device but I just want to be extra cautious since it's not a device I own. Now my wife has a 1st generation kindle fire with the original plug/charger so I was wondering if that fastboot cable would work just as well. Sorry about the dumb question I just want to make sure I have everything covered before I work on my friends kindle.
16th January 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprkain

A friend of mine has a kindle fire hd 8.9 which he wants me to root and put a custom rom on. The problem is he doesn't have the fastboot cable anymore. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't screw up his device but I just want to be extra cautious since it's not a device I own. Now my wife has a 1st generation kindle fire with the original plug/charger so I was wondering if that fastboot cable would work just as well. Sorry about the dumb question I just want to make sure I have everything covered before I work on my friends kindle.

No fastboot cord for 8.9 KFHD. Just use standard USB cord. If it fits it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th January 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fastboot cables don't work on the 8.9 models anyway so I wouldn't worry about that.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
17th January 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Butler
Thanks Meter: 29

214 posts
More
Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread