5,599,911 Members 45,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Android & iOS] The Official Pebble App Store!

Tip us?

Deoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Talking [Android & iOS] The Official Pebble App Store!

Pebble Portal

Hey guys, Just wanted to inform you guys about the upcoming App Store that the guys at Pebble are going to release sometime early next year and it will be built into the official Pebble App. Sweet!

When it launches in early 2014, the Pebble appstore will be a first-of-its-kind wearable tech application directory—giving Pebble users a one-stop-shop for searching, browsing, and installing Pebble watch faces and apps directly from the iOS or Android Pebble smartphone app.

We developers are already up to uploading our apps on the Pebble Portal, as they call it. But the back draw is we can't upload paid apps. We sure can link you to the place to purchase the paid app but it'd be a hassle.

They came up with this idea pretty late don't you think? Stores like PebbleBarn, MyPebbleFaces have got a good hold. Anyways, I always wanted an Official pebble Appstore that would run on our devices. Write your thoughts and reactions below!
Nexus 5

Pebble

Floppy Pig! [FREE on Play Store!] Rate it to help me Get it Here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deoy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NRGZ28
Old
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Thanks Meter 9958
Cool I guess....
¯´·.¸¸. - Energy ROM Chef -.¸¸.·´¯

Click below for ROM threads

(OneX, OneS, Amaze, Sensation, HD2, EVO 4G, Inspire 4G, Vision, Incredible 2, Desire HD, MyTouch4G)
(Asus Transformer TF101 / TF201 / TF300 )
(Kindle Fire ROM)
(Motorola Razr M)

imstar19
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey can you give a link for accessing the Pebble Portal?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to imstar19 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imstar19 View Post
Hey can you give a link for accessing the Pebble Portal?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
They email this stuff to developers, However, they also update their forums. Google the link to their forums. You'll get every news there. Also, theres an announcement to be made today. I can guess it'd be the pebble v2 out for users and the availability of apps like Yelp, etc. Stay tuned.
Nexus 5

Pebble

sweeds
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Definitely going to be useful to aggregate all the Pebble apps in one elegant solution.

But this isn't released yet, afaik. So far only a press release to say it's on the (near) horizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mbazdell
Old
Thanks Meter 9
On the forums for pebble they have a big warning that watchapps can brick your watch. I'd imagine if they're on the official marketplace that you have a warranty against that being an issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Rom: Stock KRT16M
Current: Nexus 5
Retired: HTC TyTn - HTC Diamond - HTC Dream (G1) - HTC Magic (myTouch) - Sony XPERIA X10A - Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) - Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000) - Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE (I727R) - Samsung Galaxy S3 (I747)

Deoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbazdell View Post
On the forums for pebble they have a big warning that watchapps can brick your watch. I'd imagine if they're on the official marketplace that you have a warranty against that being an issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I have installed alot of third party apps. None have bricked my Pebble. But yes, If any apps from the official App Store that could brick your pebble, they should replace it.
Nexus 5

Pebble

Deoy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeds View Post
Definitely going to be useful to aggregate all the Pebble apps in one elegant solution.

But this isn't released yet, afaik. So far only a press release to say it's on the (near) horizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It's coming out by the end of Jan The final Beta is here.
Nexus 5

Pebble

Tags
pebble, smartwatch