5,597,707 Members 35,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I just wanna set the record straight! (warrenty u.s.)

Tip us?

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default I just wanna set the record straight! (warrenty u.s.)

Ok i know if my Knox counter changes to anything higher than 0x0 it gets voided right... Ok cool but voided/rejected by who? Samsung? Or tmobile's warrenty exchange? Because from what i read everyones talking this repair this n that "i sent out for repair.." Ok but im not sending anything for repair its a WARRENTY EXCHANGE due to usb port problems... Does it get voided by tmobile? Please and thank you

Btw: i search all throught the forums and threads of knox for this and havent found anyone talking about the "WARRANTY EXCHANGE" like i said before ive read about ppl getting their device sent to repair rejected... But what about when they send u the front piece (no battery no back plated **refurbished**) and u send it back in a white box... Thats what i dont see anyone talking about...

Once again thanks in advance i just wanted to get that straightened out... :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 190
We are not positive if KNOX is used for warranty purposes. Warranty exchange can be done in person at a Tmobile store or having it shipped out. It is best to go to a store and try and get it replaced. A lot of the clerks are clueless about warranty and you shouldn't have any problems with an exchange. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
As long as you Odin the stock ROM you should be fine.

They don't seem to really care. They just want us to know they have the upper hand.

I've warranty exchanged a s3 and an s4 recently and just odin'd to stock.

No problems.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters View Post
As long as you Odin the stock ROM you should be fine.

They don't seem to really care. They just want us to know they have the upper hand.

I've warranty exchanged a s3 and an s4 recently and just odin'd to stock.

No problems.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
With knox (0x1)?

Thanks in advance

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
We are not positive if KNOX is used for warranty purposes. Warranty exchange can be done in person at a Tmobile store or having it shipped out. It is best to go to a store and try and get it replaced. A lot of the clerks are clueless about warranty and you shouldn't have any problems with an exchange. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I never do the exchange thru a T-mobile store. I asked once about it to one of the reps at the store and they said i have to call (mytouch days lol) so ever since then I've always used the one year warrenty with Tmobile.. Not insurance or asurion... Simply..One year warrenty.. So they first serve the white box with the device then i send mine back in the same box within 7 days but i wanna know will they care about knox? Since its not a repair?..

Thanks in advance!

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Anyone?

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune View Post
Anyone?

I haven't exchanged any with the knox counter triggered, But I can tell you this much, a T-mobile rep is more concerned about water damage than anything else. that's why the 1st thing they do is to take ur battery out and check little white sticker it turns red/pinkish when exposed to water.

other than that u shouldn't have a problem, just odin back full stock and and take it back .. I would try it but I just replaced my old S4 a couple days ago and its working fine.

just go in there like a boss and demand an exchange... LOL JK
Current Device: The Awesome Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Must I really Pick one?
Old devices: Samsung Galaxy S3
Sprint Epic 4G-Gave it away
Samsung Intercept Hard Bricked !