Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,060 Members 52,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The app that saved my son a ton of headache!

Tip us?

drag&fly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Thumbs up The app that saved my son a ton of headache!

My Son's are attending Baylor University, and as we all know College kids can be a little wild sometimes. My youngest was recently roughed up pretty good by Campus PD. No matter the story or reasons and besides the bias that I have due to him being my son, the arresting Officer lied about the reasons for arrest and illegal search. (Bambuser) is a recording app that streams video and uploads it to the net. It can live broadcast or save for later sharing. I'm glad he took my advice to record all interaction with Police and also used this app. It really saved his hide. Based on his video using this app, the case was dismissed and PD has to replace his phone. The Officer broke his phone and took the SD card.... The app has a screen timeout feature where it is still recording even though the screen will go blank.
The Following User Says Thank You to drag&fly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toddnbrown
Old
Thanks Meter 47
sure sounds like an advertisement, but good for your son. Good thing he was quick-witted enough to pull out his phone, open up the app, and start recording, all while getting "roughed up."

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Thanks for sharing, it sounds good to have something like this off hand. At least for where I live where Philadelphia and Bensalem police are corrupt as a fact in the news....without any corrective action taken since last reported with evidence a few years back
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to lmike6453 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drag&fly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbrown View Post
sure sounds like an advertisement, but good for your son. Good thing he was quick-witted enough to pull out his phone, open up the app, and start recording, all while getting "roughed up."
Technically speaking it was an advertisement, as are all OP 's to some degree. But there's no affiliations other than end user.