Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB OTG Apps Recommendations?

Tip us?

helppme
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I thought maybe Nexus Media Importer would do it, I couldn't figure out how to copy entire directories from my /SD Card folder to the USB drive though :/

ES File Explorer (under KK) doesn't show the USB Drive like it used to under JB (Storage USB 1.1.1) which is a shame so I too wouldn't mind knowing a file explorer app that works (and allows write to the usb drive without rooting)

Kinda pissed Google broke USB OTG for KK, have you ever seen how slow Airdroid is at transferring big files over wi-fi...
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
It's not ART related, google are just gradually locking down their phones more and more which is to be honest, starting to get annoying. It's ridiculous to need root just to be able for example: to turn on/off GPS or Airplane mode. It's getting stupid now. Google are you listening?
If its not security related, then it is probably more of a 'differential pricing' issue. Moto G has been too successful and is probably canablising sales from the Moto X and Nexus 5 more than expected, so they rush out 4.4.2 and lock up USB OTG and other features on the budget handset......

Clivectmob
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Use Nexus Media Importer, I was using it before the KK update and have continued to use it since getting KitKat. It works for reading and writing both ways without root. I have never rooted either of my G's. This is a fact not a guess as I actually use it.

And, you can copy entire directories both ways too. (edit)
The Following User Says Thank You to Clivectmob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]