Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy gio ops file

Tip us?

Maos_frias
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy gio ops file

Hi. everyone

I'm trying to help a friend that wants to root gio and to improve his phone.
I have a s plus so i'm use to flash my phone roms and kernels. i tried to upgrande his phone but its difficult to find archives to do from origin.
Thats what i have.

to do the root first
- i've root file(update in gio) and unroot file.

then i' thought i need a cwm
and i ve this file
-tass-cwm-14-08-2013

i want to put a new recovery mod like

twrp 14.0

for now i just tried to did that. but i dont know how it went wrong and im stuck in samsung logo and it wont enter to recovery mod.

I tried to find the ops file for gio everywhere to flash the old recovery mode with odin and i cant find th ops file. sites closed, fake files. and so on.

can you send me a link where i could download it well?
if you could help me what correct files to do what i have in mind it would be great too.
and what is the best battery life and phone capacity?

Sorry for my english mystakes.

jkoetsier
Old
Thanks Meter 68
https://www.dropbox.com/s/un4epx6on2myd6f/GIO_v1.0.ops

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jkoetsier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maos_frias
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoetsier View Post

thanks. now i have something

Maos_frias
Old
(Last edited by Maos_frias; 9th January 2014 at 11:22 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoetsier View Post

my multi downloader v.4.43 canīt read this file...
its a text file...

Harakhti
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Just to clarify here, "tass" is Galaxy Mini, so You flashed the recovery for the wrong device. The Gio's identifier is "gio". As for the issue with not being able to open the OPS file, did you check its file extension after downloading it?
Nokia 5110 (Battery Died) -> Nokia 6030 (Below the Elizabeth Bridge in the Danube) -> Motorola C140 (Dead Mainboard) -> Vodafone (Alcatel) 331 (Lost) -> Samsung E1190 (Snapped In Half) -> Samsung S2530 (Hardbricked, Disposed) -> Samsung GT-S5570 (Backup) -> Samsung GT-S5660 (Sold) -> Nokia C2-02 (Sold) -> Samsung GT-I8150 (Flawless!)

Currently using: XXLMI (XEU) / ClockWorkMod 6.0.5.0 / CyanogenMod 11 (2014/08/01) / K^Kernel 1.5 with Stock Voltages (3.4.101+416MB)

Maos_frias
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found the ops file at web. It was difficult because many file hosts are dead. I finaly have done it ive installed the basic firmware of gio and then ive flashed the PT firmware 2.3.6. As last resort. All with odin.

What I want do is to flash a New firmware stable, a new recovery mod touch, and the last rom 4.4.2 stable for gio. Can you tell me the best for gio?

I tried to do this but the phone never turn of only with the turn off button it did with cable connect at pc or battery charge.

Can you tell me how it happen? I think when i flashed the original rom with odin Ive disconect to soon. And then I couldnt turn on phone normaly.
I try it again from beginning and i let the phone connected till odin says pass. And then i disconnect the cable and its ok now.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app
Phone - Galaxy S plus i9001 + 16gb mmc samsung class 10
Rom - EHNDROIX V
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch
Kernel - K^Kernel KK-4.4 3.4 v1.0 Linaro-4.8.3 OC UV 370MB Ion Pmem Adsp